OCR00118 - Castlevania II "Bloody Tears Inspired"

m68030

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There are soooo many remixes on this site and i rarely download and listen to new ones because of the sheer number of them. I dont often give them a chance.

I am VERY glad I downloaded and listened to this remix. Techno is not usually my cup of tea but this remix does it very well and is very catchy. It is hard not to put this song on repeat and listen to it!

This song rocks!

This is one of my favorite remixes I've ever found on oc remix, and definately one of the best from castlevania. The intro is cool with the reversed melody, and then the simple but effective drums. I really love the background synths that kick in. The speed and the just plain sound of them are great. My favorite part of this song though is the large buildup at the ending, and then those few notes on the guitar right before it drops off. Gives me tingles everytime I hear it. Great piece, from one of my favorite remixers. =D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First off, I must say that this is an awesome remix. However, It also left something to be desired. While the guitar sound was an excellent addition, I would have to say this remix is a pale shadow to the orchestral version of the song. In the original, you have an organ soaring through the notes at near inhuman speed, the sound of the orchestra is so powerful, forceful... Just far more cool in general. In other words, while this is a great remix, it scores an eight while the original scores a twelve. Nothing can beat an extremely skilled professional pumping out riffs on a full organ. However, your mix was still worth the Evil Fingers. :twisted:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed. The best Castlevania mix I've heard so far. The original castlevania music in general is outstanding (symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow, Curse of Darkness, Battle I, II) and this emphasis this all the more. Well done on a great remix, a remix to be held within the great Castlevania walls.

Sorry, I got carried away.. :D

• 1 month later...

Excellent work on this mix. Usually im a little wary of techno as, for me, i find it a rather trite form. This mix, however, was very dynamic. The guitar at 0:31 is integrated flawlessly and adds a rockin element into the piece. The drums are simple, but aggressive sounding along with the rest of the arrangement. 2:10 to 3:33 is a great build up/transition period to my personal favorite part of the mix. My biggest complaint is that the ending cut off abruptly, which i didnt like but the rest of the song makes up for it. 8.5/10 as i like the orchestral version better.

• 1 year later...

This song is amazing. Just raise the volume in Audacity and you're ready to go.

The sound quality for some reason, while not being what you'd standardly hear in a song, sounds way better in certain ways indescribably. No one I show this to seems to like it, but perhaps only due to the volume.

Speaking of raising volume...

Here's a version with the volume raised. I went in Audacity and used the pencil tool to get rid of some of the higher volume peaks, and then raised the volume of the whole song. PM me if you're interested in a FLAC version. It does go in the red zone occasionally, barely, but I don't notice degredation in quality; I just notice how much better it sounds when louder! Useful when you just have an on-board sound card.

This is more 80's rock than techno. The drums do get a little monotonous after awhile, and with the right touches more power *could* be put into this without it losing its appeal. I have to say, after raising the volume, I noticed the pitch-raising synth near the end is the most powerful section in the whole song; a certain point after it, though, it goes back to normal power, which is a little disappointing. I tried to alleviate that in the above version.

• 4 weeks later...

There are some texbook things that make this song 2000, so I won't touch on those. But let me just say if this was redone and revamped in terms of production...then damn.

What is here already I really like and is def worth listening too. The compisition is the strongest point. Alot of the extended arpegs are awesome. There are lots of little things playing of each other that make for some really good ear candy. 3:35b was easily my favorite part. A great time to change things up. A lil unexpected but it was executed really well, which in turn made for an awesome transition. Def make for some good driving music.

• 3 months later...

Woah, mid-90's dance-O-rock-O-tron here! I can appreciate that. :-)

Time for the Belmont training montage!

Some drum fills would really help the transitions, and overall the production needs to be a lot punchier, but for the date, this is killer stuff. Synth programming is nice, and the synth guitar actually sounds pretty good.

This is a great mix that has been slowed by age a little, but still brings it.

Nice work. :-)

• 1 year later...

I've always loved the raw, gradual buildup in this piece. I imagine Simon Belmont marching through the daylit woods, skeletons aprowl, tension building all the while as Dracula's curse slowly takes over everything. 2:22: love those creepy, fluttery, acrophobia-inducing synths. 2:43+ is interpretive gold. And 4:27 until the end - wow. It's like every demonic force in Transylvania is crying out for fresh blood, and Simon's time is running out.

• 4 months later...

To reiterate what Polo said: For what enjoyment this may re-kindle in the longtime listeners of this great Remix: when I listen to this, I get a very "running-through-the-jungle" feeling, and I imagine, of course, various undead baddies assaulting me. I might add that this becomes especially-sharp when the awesome part around 2:10-2:40 chimes in. Whatever those sounds are, to me it really has a "surrounded-by-the-fell-legions-of-Dracula-as-I-hurry-along-to-vanquish-this-fatal-curse" feel to it. Well done : )

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

As far as the song goes, it's really not bad and at least it has some writing sense as far as progression. And while the production age shows, it also shows that there was an idea put forth and executed from start to finish, which is great. But yeah, would have loved to hear more of the actual Castlevania music mixed in.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00118 - Castlevania II "Bloody Tears Inspired"