OCR00094 - Tetris (GB) "CheDDer"

m68030

• 1 month later...

This song thuds along with all kinds of house-style modulation and playing with the melody. Solid beat, intesting samles (esp the ending), and an interesting version of the tetris theme. I find it quite annoying that every time I try to play the tetris theme on piano I start playing this one's version of the iterations. =) Nice one!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hmm... the 303 usage was weak... I mean there is much more he could have done with the TB303 to make it more interesting. I didn't like it as the drumwork was bland.

As this is an earlier piece of OCR, I wouldn't want to hear anything earlier than this if this got accepted...

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Argh. If I had known clapping was so annoying I would have cut my own hands off.

Dance is overdone. And this song isn't even danceable. There is no depth or contrast whatsoever. And halfway through just sounds like a big electronic wrestling match followed by the song starting over. Then there's some very poor use of a filter and weird high-hat noises. Why was this submitted? It's not even worth listening to.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

too much clapping I think, and the hi hat sound is annoying too. There are some decent B sections that were added, but that percussion is abysmally bad. :-(

The drums near the end are changed up a bit, but i'm not sure that many people will make it that far in the mix.

Remixer name is still good though, despite the bad mix.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a little clapping? After a few seconds that is honestly all that I can hear. I'm also not really liking the harmony line playing with the melody.

It's strange that melody seems to be panned left and harmony is panned right. Any time the melody only is playing I'm finding myself leaning. It would have been nicer if things were centered a little bit more.

I think the direction this mix wanted to go was not bad, but there are quite a few flaws on this to make it not the greatest listen. I can't say this one is going to be staying around on my desktop for long.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Man, I'd love to say something different, but it's been pretty much summed up by others. Samples are weak, the arrangement doesn't offer a whole lot that hasn't been done with Tetris before and the clapping.........way to much clapping. Sorry, not a fan of this one.

• 1 year later...

Dangit Chedder. I liked the other CheDDer quite a bit more, a lot due to how you could hear it without going deaf from the clapping. Even the clappiest parts of CheDDer (Wizards & Warriors) wasn't as overwhelming as parts of this song. Then even when the claps are dropped, the last half seems to be a aimless wandering through the museum of techno drumloops, appearing to have lost its chaperone source material very early on. See you, space Chedder. If this was an attempt at being experimental... it comes across as 'not experimental', sadly. Oh well. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00094 - Tetris (GB) "CheDDer"