New WIP - "Gerudo Twilight"

AeroStar58

Hey all,

Just wanted take a few minutes to post this new 'mix I've been workin' on for the last few weeks...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=535674

This latest from me is a smooth, soulful - almost jazz fusion in places- remix of the Gerudo tune from Zelda 64 Oot. I feel pretty good about this one, and I think I have certainly improved on the production side of things. I know there are a TON of Zelda 'mixes around here, and that someone just posted another “Gerudo” mix a while back, but I feel confident that this is somewhat different that most zelda mixes. I don’t necessarily recall any Zelda mixes in particular done in this style before, but I could be wrong. The funny thing is, I haven’t exactly written one quite like this either, but as I noted, I am pretty happy with it overall, both musically and production-wise. I may need to adjust drum or instrument levels before the final posting, so we’ll see. I thought it was a good Idea to see how the OCR community likes it before I submit it, So naturally, comments, critique, and criticism are welcome and encouraged. The link should work, so Enjoy!

AeroStar58

This is some hot shit dude. A big thing overall is lot of the leads are too soft, especially towards the later part of the mix. The sax sounds a lil too thin and soft to be sax. It needs more body and a lil more volume. The volume on the sax especially in that section around 2:00-2:15 needs to be louder.

Try to give the keyboard(synth whatever u are using) a nice solo section that really dynamically takes the composition places and really provides a climatic feeling at one point. This would really be some nice icing on the cake.

Besides that, this is def a sweet take on the Gerudo theme, it's pretty impressive. Good variations on the rythms although volume wise sometime they overpower the leads.

Oh yeah big thing, this has no ending? I'm sure you could play around with those chords or something at the end and come up with something.

Wat stuff did u use to make this song?

This is great! Agreed with Avaris, good advice. Leads need to be brought up more. I also agree that there should be a climactic solo at some point, because while the arrangement is gorgeous, it does kind of meander around without much direction. And regarding production - besides the leads needing more definition/presence, I also think you should accentuate the groove between drums and bass to bring up the energy.

It sounds like this is unfinished so that's not the actual ending, right?

And I believe Soundclick strips off the ID3 tags whenever you upload since it re-encodes to different formats.

So yeah, this is hot stuff. You've got a winner here, keep polishing it up. And peace to the Windy City, I miss it. :P