OCR00095 - Final Fantasy VII "Costa del Sol DANCE"

m68030

I must say, the song is simplistic and repetitive. Therein lies it's insane charm. There's just enough to keep it lively, and it's not like it's grating repetition. Addictive and poppy, not repulsive and poopy. Odd praise for el po, but praise nonetheless. One of my first favorites from this site...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great stuff, po!

You know, the song's a little too repetitive but, it's got everything to satisfy me, good beat, nice piano, and great leads. Love the E Piano on this one.

If Aeris used this track to seduce Cloud, there will be action afterwards! Cloud's jaw will be on the floor with his toungue just nailed there by gravity. Tifa, you loose! :lol:

Again good job!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Give me a P!

P!

Give me an O!

O!

What do we got?

PO!

Well, that was fun. This was this remix for that matter too. Very good piano, gave the right feel to it. The bells that came after reminded from Zelda I think, and they fitted very good. As a result, a nice track that you can groove to at the beach. Thanks po!

What is it time for?

PARTY!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

New and shiny piano comping added to the original melody, with some funky bass to back it up, I really like the style employed here, and almost wish it had been married to a stronger melody than the overly laid-back coasta del sol theme. I'd have preferred a bit more expansion, but there is enough interesting material here for it to be a very fresh take on the theme.

Regardless, this is a very fun and classy sendup of the track, and it has aged extremely well. Not quite a legendary track that tops the charts, but definitely a classic.

• 1 year later...

Very chill sound, which is pretty reminiscent of the source. I like how the background really supports the melodies. You can tell a lot of time went into balancing this. Things overall feel a little mechanical, but given that this is >0100 I can be a little forgiving. I've always liked this one anyways.

Nice work.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Dance? Nah, I feel like I'm in the Dead Rising mall again. Or an elevator. Is elevator house a genre?

This is super basic, from the beat to the handling of the source material, but that's sort of okay. Like the elevator muzak it kind of sounds like, it's inoffensive and has a neat little groove. The percussion is a little bit heavy on those claps sometimes, but the piano sounds nice even if it's very repetitive. Because of how not much happens, I'd say that the song could be half of its length. And it almost is... the last two minutes seem a little unnecessary, although having all the elements of the song together makes them simultaneously the stronger half. It's odd like that. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00095 - Final Fantasy VII "Costa del Sol DANCE"