ATHF Movie

Maco70

I'm a big Aqua Teen fan, but I have to say I, like a lot of others, are skeptical about they're going to stretch a 15 minute cartoon, especially one like ATHF, into a movie.

I'll absolutely go see it if it's playing around here, though.

EDIT:

lmfao, are you serious? All robot chicken does is strew in a bunch of random clips, and tons of idiots fall for it thinking that it's actual humor and not bullshitted humor.

YouTube lol

Funny--I was just about to make a post about that.

I wonder what makes a lighted board look like a bomb? Whoever was that paranoid should probably not walk into an appliance store--they might see a toaster.

Funny--I was just about to make a post about that.

I wonder what makes a lighted board look like a bomb? Whoever was that paranoid should probably not walk into an appliance store--they might see a toaster.

Seriously, are people really that skiddish? Based on the picture, It really looks like nothing threatening. Based on the reaction they got, it made it out to be like there was a metal box with wires and a "DANGER" symbol. Crazy... crazies...

Got beaten to the punch on those stories too.

I suppose why people got so skittish were because they were placed near bridges without informing local law enforcement. I think the city has good right to be upset about it, though I just hope they don't take all of this out of hand.

Admittedly, it's a pretty unique way of advertising the show, but I think it was far too dangerous given the climate of the American political atmosphere. With a the paranoid mindset many people are in, advertising like this which probably would've been enjoyed more back in the 80s and 90s just... doesn't really work anymore.

Well, being a big ATHF fan myself, I'm only hoping the backlash from this isn't too great. I suspect Turner's going to be settling a lot of cases in the future, though...

EDIT: The Boston ATHF scare is far funnier than the show, as I'm sure fans will agree.

...yep.

That's the weird thing about ATHF. I only find it mildly funny at best, but I still watch it religiously. Hell, I even own all the DVD sets. There's just...something about it that makes me watch, or at least not change the channel.

I don't watch the show, but I thought the trailer was pretty good.

The articles mentioned that the light things were up in several other cities as well for several weeks without causing any bomb scares, or even warnings. Who's to blame now - officials from those other cities who were so uncautous as to not assume that lights are bombs, and failed to warn the culprit not to do it in other cities? If not them, then who? Somebody's gotta be blamed - and punished, FAST! (insert eye rolling thingamajig)

I think the only reasonable punishment would be for the company who authorized the "stunt" to get fined, solely to reimburse the city's arguably foolish waste of money. I mean, after they find out one of them isn't a bomb at all (and in fact has a TV character on it for an upcoming movie), why would they separately shut down and investigate all the other locations around the city?

What the light-board-guys SHOULD've done is used "non-sinister-looking" neon lights, or glow in the dark material... or maybe not, they'd probably think it's radioactive and call in the Hazmat team......

The reason why I love the show, is it started at the same time as Sealab 2021 and The Brak Show. Stuff like this was NEVER ON TV BEFORE, and it was amazingly great. This new season has been so fucking great I just can't believe it, never thought it would get this good. It's just mindless fun that has it's ups and downs

what a bunch of retards in boston. your telling me outta the thousands of people, probably hundreds of cops that saw the lights, not one of them, not a single one of them recognized them to be cartoon characters. i'm not saying they have to know what show or what their names are, but come on...give me a damn break people.

Adult Swim just displayed a public message as a bump, talking about the incident.

Yeah, it's Turner Broadcasting's official statement on the incident. They may have made a mistake, but at least they know how to cover their asses to avoid any further problems/lawsuits.

Man, we'll be talking about this in Broadcast Regulation class tomorrow...

Then i guess you'll be happy to hear they've made an arrest. Although I am really hoping this isn't blown out of proportion in court like it has already today. Turner hired a guerrilla marketing company, InterferenceInc.com, and i'm guessing this guy in turn works for InterferenceInc.com. He was tyring to earn some easy money, but now the city is going to try and ruin his life. Aside from the obvious non-permitted fixtures he put up, what did he do wrong?

As mentioned before, all these things were planted in NINE other major cities across the country, and have been there for aprox THREE WEEKS without any problems anywhere. Why? Because they don't look suspicious, its a piece of particle board with some LEDs and some D batteries. At night they glow like pub signs. What happened here is, at around 1:00pm, 4 people decided it would be funny to call the Boston PD and report 4 of the 30(+?) LED ATHF ads as SUSPICIOUS PACKAGES or possible BOMBS, and given they had already found AND blew up one earlier that morning (although it was deemed not harmful), the city wasn't going to take any chances.

That's more fishy that this dude making some money on a neat little ad campaign.

what a bunch of retards in boston. your telling me outta the thousands of people, probably hundreds of cops that saw the lights, not one of them, not a single one of them recognized them to be cartoon characters. i'm not saying they have to know what show or what their names are, but come on...give me a damn break people.

After the media aired images of the alleged 'packages', they were bombarded with emails and phone calls from people who recognized the characters.