Good Multiplayer Games for GC

Person Man

Hmm, I can't think of too many co-op games for GC at all. I know there's a co-op mode in Wario Ware, Four Swords and also Wind Waker (Tingle on GBA). Don't forget about Double Dash with the co-op racing, too. I can't think of too many others, unfortunately. Oh, and in smash brothers you can do a team fight.

four swords??????????????
QFE although good luck finding GBAs and cables for everyone.

Double QFE. It's sort of like Mario Party. When you need to work together to advance, it's all chummy and "let's be friends!", but the instant there's a gem on the field, everyone starts throwing/bombing/fire rodding/arrowing each other.

Luckily, I managed to play quite a bit of four-player thanks to everyone actually having a GBA and cheap link cables.

Now a Wii/DS version would be a lot easier...

I personally really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with a few friends. To really enjoy it, though, people really have to COOPERATE. I tried playing with some other friends a couple times, and it sucked the fun right out of it because they just wouldn't cooperate. The few I normally played with were the only ones I could play that game with after a while, just because we worked so well as a team.

What about Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect on two player co-op story mode, just finished with my mum and she doesn't know the first thing about videogaming it is pretty easy and the multiplayer modes are wicked plus the team deathmatchs which you can play co-op with your parents on the same team as you.

How is FF:CC?

If you think getting three other people with GBAs and link cables for a few hours of Four Swords is difficult, then don't even bother trying to get them together for Crystal Chronicles.

Four Swords ic a game you and your friends can play and finish in one sitting, if you wanted to. FF:CC is a game that demands a lot of time to play. And I mean lots of time. Maybe a hundred hours to really get into it. But that sort of commitment seems to be beyond anyone. I think that the four of us, with the desire to actually play it as much as we could, never got past eight hours total. And then there were some problems where one of us wasn't around for a few games, and he fell behind a few levels, missed items and such... it unbalanced things a lot.

Hopefully, the DS version will fix that right up.

If you think getting three other people with GBAs and link cables for a few hours of Four Swords is difficult, then don't even bother trying to get them together for Crystal Chronicles.

Four Swords ic a game you and your friends can play and finish in one sitting, if you wanted to. FF:CC is a game that demands a lot of time to play. And I mean lots of time. Maybe a hundred hours to really get into it. But that sort of commitment seems to be beyond anyone. I think that the four of us, with the desire to actually play it as much as we could, never got past eight hours total. And then there were some problems where one of us wasn't around for a few games, and he fell behind a few levels, missed items and such... it unbalanced things a lot.

Hopefully, the DS version will fix that right up.

That's a good point, actually. If someone missed a few play sessions, they fell pretty far behind and was damn hard to catch up again.

Anyway, it does take time for that game. Not a hundred hours, but maybe more like 30-40. That's about what we played by the time we beat the final boss, if I recall.

I'm definitely looking forward to the DS and Wii FF:CC games.

Tales of Symphonia is one of the best games I've ever played. And I played the whole thing on co-op.

Oh yeah, ToS is a lot of fun with friends (that's the only way I played it too...all 3 times through). The one problem is in battles the camera only focuses on the first player, but I don't think it detracts from the experience too much. Good fun, good fun.

Oh yeah, ToS is a lot of fun with friends (that's the only way I played it too...all 3 times through). The one problem is in battles the camera only focuses on the first player, but I don't think it detracts from the experience too much. Good fun, good fun.

ToS multiplayer is kinda boring, except for the first player. I remember trying it with my suitemates but for everyone but the first player it was kinda bland.

That's a good point, actually. If someone missed a few play sessions, they fell pretty far behind and was damn hard to catch up again.

Anyway, it does take time for that game. Not a hundred hours, but maybe more like 30-40. That's about what we played by the time we beat the final boss, if I recall.

I'm definitely looking forward to the DS and Wii FF:CC games.

I really hope that they make FF:CC a WiFi game, that, or one where you don't need a GBA to play the games. >_<