"Antechamber" album preview!!

Antipode

Hey, y'all.

I thought as my thousandth post I'd give you a bit of an update on my album, Antechamber, which I hope to have finished in several months.

I've been putting a lot of time and effort into this album and I'd at least like people to know that I'm working on it.

So - I've put together a little one minute long preview track with pieces of the six tracks I've finished so far! You may recognize one or two from this but the rest will be new. It's not really my thing to put out all the tracks that I've done before I put out the CD (which I actually hope to be a physical CD, by the way), so I'm sure you understand. Like I say though, good to at least have you guys know about it. It's been coming along nicely.

So, without further ado, here's that preview track!

(RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE-AS HERE)

By the way, any comments are much appreciated.

I've got more to come about this project, so stay tuned! I've finished some album art as well, so I might update this in a few days with that.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your comments!

As promised, here's a few concepts I have for album art, which I've made from scratch. The full, hi-res versions will of course be available with the album release. I'm now hard at work on three new tracks, so you know.

Disc.jpg

The above is a disc design I had in mind. Some of you might have recognized this from my myspace page (which is now linked from my sig). I figure it will look best with no text on it at all, and especially burned on a black CD-R.

Label.jpg

Sorry about the large images. These are much sized down as it is. Remember that this is just a conceptual design but it will likely be very similar if not exactly the final copy. The above is the tri-folding outer label, the far left being the box cover, the middle being the direct inside of the lid, and the right being the middle section when the liner notes are unfolded..

(EDIT: For some reason vBulletin isn't allowing the picture of the trayliner. Whatever, you got the idea I'm sure, and you'll still be able to see it when the whole project is released.)

...and the trayliner design, with the as-of-yet incomplete tracklisting. (Anything with "track _" is a track I haven't started yet, and anything with "XX:XX" is a track I haven't finished yet.) What I'm working on right now is likely tracks 7 8 and 9.

I also have an inner label design in the works with liner notes that aren't complete yet.

So you might ask why it is that I'm posting all my crappy album art! It's because I'm putting a lot of my free time into this project, and I figure there's no better place to share it than here at OCR. Anyway, I might not post in this thread for awhile until I've made significant progress.

To anyone who hasn't listened to the preview track yet, please do, and if you feel like it, leave a comment! In a month or two I might have another preview set ready, or better yet, the entire album completed. Until then.