Sonic 2 -Dr Robotnik's Theme

Neofrost

This has potential, but it sounds a little dry at the moment. Main criticisms:

The main melody needs to be louder.

You need better samples. That organ sample near the start is awful. Some of your string and brass samples are pretty ugly as well (especialy in the intro and chorus).

I can kinda see what your trying to do with the piano at 2:45, but its just not working for me. Try just going for straight piano, rather than making it all weird and stuff.

• 1 month later...

First and foremost, I think your remix shows a lot of creativity, and really shows your interpretation of the original without being a complete cover. Im workin on my first remix too, and I think we have some similar difficulties.

I agree about the samples, some more professional sounding ones would be nice (though Im currently having difficulty finding some for my own remix-in-progress). Other than that, some more harmonies would add meat to the melody and make it more interesting. If your having a mixer's block, you might be able to get some pattern ideas from a simple randomizer. Just keep at it : )

First off, clever way of utilizing FL Studio's standard samples, however, quality wise, this song is far from it.... First, those drum's sound like they had too much sugar... try to calm those down a bit and make them a little more flowing... Second, make some friends around here, they'll help you out with samples...

Invest in some VSTs and soundfonts, play around with free ones until you're ready for the big ones.

I agree with Dr.Rod, lots of creativity. Just fix the samples and you should be fine.