MEETUP: Baltimore, MD + pixietricks' recital – pics p.9, recordings p.11

Jillian Aversa

You are cordially invited to pixietricks' junior recital!

When: Thursday, February 15th at 7:00 pm

Where: Griswold Hall

Peabody Conservatory of Music

(1 Mount Vernon Place, Baltimore)

How much? FREE!

The program:

• Gustav Holst's Op. 35 "Four Songs for Voice and Violin," from A Medieval Anthology
  • "Cinq Mélodies Populaires Greques," by Maurice Ravel
  • Benjamin Britten's bizarro set "On this Island"
  • "Der Hirt auf dem Felsen" (a.k.a. "Shepherd on the Rock") by Franz Schubert!

I will be accompanied by Daniel Butman (violin and piano), and Catherine Wong (clarinet).

It's going to be a fun night, and I'd love to see some familiar faces there! The recital itself will be only an hour long, so we can all go out for a big dinner party afterwards, if that suits your fancy. And let's see... Important stuff to know:

- Peabody does have a parking garage, which can be located at 606 Saint Paul St. It's inexpensive, so you can always fall back on that if there's no street parking available.

- Griswold Hall is located on the second floor of the conservatory building.

- Doors will open at 6:45.

- There will be plenty of students in the audience, so it's not expected that you get all dressed up. Just don't come in ripped up jeans. ^_~

The meetup will start at 6:00, to allow for parking and finding your way around. Try to be on time, so we don't have any last-minute stragglers who don't know where to go once they're inside! Official meeting spot is Peabody's main entrance, and zircon (and probably DrumUltimA) will be inside there to meet you! If you don't have their cell phone numbers, I would definitely suggest PM'ing them now. Here's a map to orient yourselves with:

lilmap.jpg

Attendees:

pixietricks

zircon

DrumUltimA

Ferret

Upthorn

Jiggles McPuff

(Liontamer)

(Paige)

(djpretzel)

(José the Bronx Rican)

(bustatunez)

(Xerol)

I don't think I'll be able to go. Any sort of impromptu travel is really not my sort of thing. Besides, I'm planning on going to North Carolina that weekend to visit a friend. Hopefully those plans will be successful... since last time they were not. I'm really lazy.

Good luck, pixie! (though, I'm sure you won't need any.)

This isn't exactly the right thread, but isn't there some place where all meetups are planned and organized? I don't live anywhere near Baltimore, and I don't see anything else about meetups around here.

The Community forum is basically the only place where meetups are organized. People are free to organize meetups whenever and wherever they want, including yourself... so go for it!

Would there be time to grab a bite to eat? I get off work a little after 5, and by the time I got down there it would be 6 and I wouldn't've had anything since morning. If not I'll just bag something.

You guys won't see me until I'm up on stage, unfortunately, because I'll be busy warming up with my accompanists. BUT, there is a cafeteria at Peabody (and vending machines), so I'm sure you could grab something before 6:45. The *real* food will happen afterwards when we go out. :>