MEETUP: Baltimore, MD + pixietricks' recital – pics p.9, recordings p.11

Jillian Aversa

Errr... To be fair, you can't really compare The Place We Knew with anything I do classically. I sound completely different singing in a pop style. And while people say I have been continually improving in the classical style as well, the difference isn't that drastic. You'd have to listen to the other classical stuff up on my website now to make an accurate comparison. ^_~

Well what about Amor Mio, Caro Bene then, hmmmm?

Rejected though it may have been.

Well what about Amor Mio, Caro Bene then, hmmmm?

Sure, although you'd have to try to ignore all the ridiculous amounts of reverb m1lesteg applied, since it makes my voice sounds bigger than it actually was. That was recorded my freshman year, and as it was in the opera style, I'm sure you would notice improvement since then. I cringe when I hear that mix, lol.

EDIT:

Okay, guys. Here are a few recordings! I decided not to post the whole recital, so as to give you something to look forward to when I update my website in March. For now, here is one movement from each of the first three song sets, plus the Schubert in its entirety:

Gustav Holst, Op. 35 "Four Songs for Voice and Violin": I sing of a maiden

Maurice Ravel, "Cinq Mélodies Populaires Greques": La-bas, vers l'église

Benjamin Britten, "On This Island": Seascape

Franz Schubert, "Shepherd on the Rock"