OCR00100 - Bionic Commando (NES) "ASSAULT"

m68030

Bionic Commando 'ASSAULT'

*Insert obligitory comment about how djp can't hear high pitched

noises here* An early djp remix, this one is another classic djp track.

djp's style is usually pretty easily picked out among OCR tracks.

Nice instrumentation and arrangement that feels very much like

the original NES sound in timbre. Almost like someone ripped out the

CPU in an original NES and replaced it with a 50Mhz RISC or something..

interesting.

• 1 month later...

I just can´t praise this remix enough. It´s so RETRO that it makes me weep. The sounds are just amazing and the drums rule! The drum sounds make me extremely yealous. They fit together perfectly. Every time I listen to this remix I just have to listen to it repeatedly. Excellent! Some of the sounds are propably ripped from the original NES song (I might be wrong though?), or at least they sound very close. But that doesn´t affect the excellence of the song. It´s just something I noticed.

Great remix! Almost makes me want to go to the army! :D Maybe I´ll get an extending biomechanic arm. I love the game, and I love the remix more.

• 4 months later...

I know its a little late for this but still. This is my favorite remix of all time. I had to tell people (not like anyone will look but who gives a mullet) I love this remix because of the tons of instruments and sounds. To me you can not get better than tons of different sounds. IT IS HEAVEN IN MY HEAD!! DJPRETZEL IS GOD!! PRAISE HIM AS IF HE WERE KETCHUP (or catsup whatever you prefer) DO MORE OF THIS! please. please. 100 instrus and noises and sounds and everything else please!!1!one!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Absolutly wonderful. Originally, the overall high-pitched square waves turned me off to this remix, but after a few listens I grew quite fond of it. Bionic Commando is one of my favorite NES games, and now, when playing it on emulator, I usually play this track on Winamp in lieu of the actual game music. Kudos Dj Pretzel :o)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am getting pounded by the high end here, but I do like the melody and the beat, and especially the ending. Really a toss up whether my head can take all the high end before it explodes. It could use a little more reinterpretation to have it stand out, and The levels overall should be looked at. An old school mix that is pretty good, but not great.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

This does kinda have the spiritual sound of a GBA track, which is nice to hear for an NES classic. It is a little high end with certain sounds, but I guess I'm just not that bothered because I'm used to it from various experiences. Not bad really, but not DJP's best.

• 1 year later...

Yeah... too bad Bionic Commando STILL never got that sequel it rightfully deserved ;_;

I'm gonna have to go with general consensus on this one... This is one of the higher frequency djp remixes that I don't really get behind too much, unfortunately. Even though the quality of the arrangement itself is really solid as usual, and there are cool things happening with the synths and machine gun drums, the levels of the synths and drams combined are just a little much sometimes. Still I'll always say there's something nice about how even though there's a 'djpretzel sound' there's also so much variation between his songs.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00100 - Bionic Commando (NES) "ASSAULT"