OCR MOVES Tournament #3

kamoh

Alright, I'm officially expanding the playoff field to 4, with the following schedule:

Match A: 1st vs. 2nd

Match B: 3rd vs. 4th

Match C: Loser A vs. Winner B

Match D: Winner A vs. Winner C

These will be 2/3 matches instead of the 3/5 as previously mentioned - faster tournament.

Damnit, Arek and JD, play me!

Kamoh, I swear, I oughtta put those two on report.

If you couldn't tell, I'm having troubles with them as well. I just really wanna go undefeated, is all.

Again the new deadline is Friday, but I would really like to ensure the top 2, middle 2, and bottom 2 - if all those places are locked (which would probably take 26 or 28 out of the 30 games), I'll cut to the bracket (of course the deadline still looms).

If you couldn't tell, I'm having troubles with them as well. I just really wanna go undefeated, is all.

Again the new deadline is Friday, but I would really like to ensure the top 2, middle 2, and bottom 2 - if all those places are locked (which would probably take 26 or 28 out of the 30 games), I'll cut to the bracket (of course the deadline still looms).

Yes, you need three wins out of three games, but all I need is two wins out of four games to significantly better my chances of earning a second-seed.

would you care to explain how the pairings were made? and a finally tallybox thing would be nice too if you could please?

The most recent table is the final table.

Basically, this is the same as the system I had proposed (1 gets a bye, 2 and 3 play in the semifinal), but with a preliminary round, where 1 and 2 fight for the bye, and 3 and 4 fight to survive.

ok i'm forfeiting this thing, because i don't like how kamoh is running things. good luck to darkesword and rainman

Hemo and I had a heated argument over this. Basically he's tired of me flip flopping on my rules and systems - he's right about that.

Anyways, Darkesword vs. Rainman, 2/3.

Winner plays me, 2/3.

I've tried to contact you on two separate occasions now, Mr. Ansari. I've IM'd you twice - I'll send you a PM shortly just in case. I'd sure love to make some Moves with you :wink:if you know what I mean. If you've been busy, I understand, but I'd appreciate a response...

EDIT: Okay, here's the breakdown. I'm pretty annoyed. I needed one game to work out the cobwebs, and I lost 3 pieces to 6 as I recall... The next match I owned up with some lucky breaks and finished 6 pieces to 1. The ensuing tiebreaker ....

... was only 5 moves long!! Good gosh. I made an arguably simple oversight in my first and only real move. In one fell swoop, DarkeSword had pinned my King(2) in with a 1, and no escape route. One nondescript move later, and it was over. Rather disappointing, considering my win at hand.

So there you go. Rainman DX vs. DarkeSword, 1-2.

I beat Darkesword in the final, 2-0.

Game 1 saw me ahead just about every step of the way, 6-3, but I had to dogfight my way back from a two-piece deficit early in game 2 - he also had my king pinned two ways - somehow I won it 6-3 on a final-move fork-sac.

Moves is a great game, but we just don't have enough players to keep a recurring tournament like this. If you want to recruit and share it with friends (my girlfriend has been playing the remains I left on her computer), we might be able to start this up again in the future.