FLStudio 7 is out.

Skrypnyk

I'm interested in what you FL guys think of the new pattern clips...I like FL, but the lack of true linear sequencing has always put me off.

So will I be seeing waveforms in the playlist instead of that useless bottom half where the audio clips are? If so, I will probably like it. This "Edison" thing sounds promising, too. Is there a bounce track feature yet?

oh right, the FX track bounce thing

<_<

there's SO MUCH CRAP I DON'T EVER USE

then you should START USING IT!!!

Start by using audio and automation clips damn it!!

The one thing I don't like (and have yet to figure out how to change) is the fact that every time you start FL7, the 'scroll when marker is out of screen' option is always on, and the playlist screen is always set to close (when I prefer medium).

And the fact that every so often when I delete a VSTi from my sequencer, FL fucks up and crashes =(

Looks really cool, although truth be told I wish they'd just wait for a couple of years and re-design everything because the way I see it, all of these new features is like pumping up a Honda Civic. FLStudio started off as a decent sequencer (like a Honda Civic is a decent car), but then they just keep on slapping all of these new features and effects onto it, but in the end it has the same foundation. That said, I really don't want to see FLStudio try to become a traditional sequencer either, there are already too many choices on the market, but I would like to see it reinvent itself.

After using the beta's for so long, it's not that huge of a shock, but, after jumping from 6 to 7 a minute ago, this is definately a very large update.

Edison in and of itself is a massive improvement. Add Pattern Clips, the Love Philter, and the new EQ, not to mention bugfixes, the brand new look and function of the FPC (even though I just bought Battery), Dual Core support (finally)...

Just damn. FL just got about 1000 times more usful. Now if they'd finally just implement notation (I know, fat chance).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I should make a thread on this or not, but when I installed v.7, all of a sudden a lot of my samples I had downloaded disappeared. They still show up when I browse through the folders I put them in, but when I try to use them in the sampler, they don't show up.

Can someone tell me what the crap this is all about?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.