OCR00037 - Legend of Zelda "Jazzy"

• 2 months later...

Indeed. This track has some good quality sounds. But as Stefan told me himself, it should have varied more. Though I think it does just fine. This is great lounge music, and its 12 o' clock right now, and listening to it, and I am about to fall asleep. Its great guys, get it. (and girls)

• 11 months later...

This is a nice jazzy remix of the main Zelda theme. It's a little short and nothing really special goes on, but it's fun nevertheless - easy to listen to, and a nice background - beats the heck out of elevator music. I wouldn't say it's AmIEvil's best, but it's worth downloading.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've loved this genre for so long, only, I never knew what it was called... lounge? Is it?

I love smooth music like this, esp. of the bossa nova/ samba variety, but even though it looks like "bossa nova" could be considered "lounge," I really kept it in its own genre. It's just like, Jazz with a Brazilian take on it... LOVE IT...

The mixer does a good job with the swing beat in this one, LOVE the re-work of the chords and the instrumentation. Only complaint is that he/she could have done more. Loved the feel, but it just ended too soon. Other than that, GREAT music.

• 11 months later...

Short but still containing some decent arrangement and expansion, this is a decent but clearly older mix. The melody is played verbatim with a touch of swing, and the real progression in the song comes from the accompanying instruments. The lead samples are kind of weak and rather mechanical, but it's a super early mix that helps give the site perspective.

Not my favorite, but it's cool to see AmIEvil doing something that is outside of his normal comfort zone, and for the time, doing a pretty good job of it.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Funny, it almost sounds like a Zelda version of the BGM to one of my Clue games that has this genre. Very catchy, smooth, chill and it seems to be one of those "days of yore" gems. Nicely done with smoothing it back out after letting it take off. Could have been a bit longer, but really no complaints from me.

• 3 years later...

AmIEvil, I remember you being a hero of the first few years of OCR, so sad to not have seen you in a while.

Is it weird that the first thing I thought of was this tune being used a point-and-click adventure game? Like a Broken Sword or Leisure Suit Larry style (gameplay-wise) Zelda game. That would be silly.

Anyway, even with the cheap instrumentation this tune is pretty nice. Sinfully short, but pleasing for the ears, and it does have enough of that lounge feel to translate. I'm also a not-so-guilty fan of elevator music and that sort of thing so this is right up my alley. Not too shabby overall especially for a first tune dang. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00037 - Legend of Zelda "Jazzy"