legend of dragoon-dart's theme

ericharris

• 3 weeks later...

This song actually sounds exactly like the origional. Since the last time I heard the actual theme about a year ago, it sounds the same. I could be mistaken because it's been so long. There needs to be a bigger distinction between this and the origional for it to get passed onto the site. There have been mixes rejected for the sole purpose of being too much like the origional.

Is crust correct, i mean, the melody is kinda the same, but i thought i added a bunch of stuff. i guess ill make a few more drafts and add some filler to add variation thanx for the comment tho. to seph, i'd like to be in a project, but projects are usually big industry games that already have a million remixes on the site. If you did make a project, i would be more than happy to be a part of it.

the melody almost has to be the same, otherwise it pretty much is a different song, but crust does make a point that it has to be a bit more "original." granted with what you're trying to do it isn't quite as easily done compared to say a techno remix, but more emphasis on certain instruments or use a different family of instruments will make things a bit more flamboyant

• 1 month later...
from the request to the wip.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zt5xxi

this is the first draft, the ending was kinda thrown together because so many ocr orchestral pieces end with a piano

tell me what you think, all positive critism is welcome.

here's the original

http://bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/lodost/Track09+-+Dart%27s+Theme.mp3

You know what, whether or not the mixes come out good, u get 1000 points for addressing the game in my books :D, just cuz no1 has bothered to cover this game.