OCR00665 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Dub Island (Bashment Riddim Edit)"

m68030

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Dub Island (Bashment Riddim Edit)'

Great arrangement here, with wonderfully clean instruments. I particularly

enjoy the steel drum section. It's a little too precise to really capture

the loose impromptu feel of a Caribbean steel drum performance, but that's

ok, because something fast and wild just wouldn't fit into this machine

tooled track. I like.

Unlike some people, i kinda enjoyed how the songs style changed alot escpecially the part at the end with the drums and base. The instruments where nice and clean, and i also enjoyed the steel drum part. One of those evolving songs that never seem to end, which I think this one could have taken off from the drum and bass easily, and I wouldnt ahve minded. Thanks Jivemaster and Malcos for this interesting mix, I give it a 9/10 because although it I really enjoyed it, it is a little misleadign sometimes, but thats just on a technical scale.

This mix is simply uber-UBER! You want it now. No, that's not very descriptive as a review, but I'm fine letting Malcos & Jivemaster's work do the talking. I think most people will find one or two areas of the ReMix they thoroughly enjoy, if not the majority of the mix. For example, the quick saxophone shot reminded me of Hideki Okugawa's "Jazzy NYC '99" theme from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, which was a very nice connection. The Angel Island Zone never sounded so phat. Make "Dub Island (Bashment Riddim Edit)" yours now. Then give it to a friend.

-LT

• 4 weeks later...

I should have reviewed this when I downloaded it because it is one of my favorite remixes on this site. The instruments are indeed clean and pretty...and I must concur that the steel drum section is more than delicious. The list goes on, but I love it, and even if you don't like the tune, you should appreciate it for what it is.

I think the most amazing thing about this piece is that Malcos and Jivemaster worked together with such physical distance between them and were still able to come up with something this brilliant.

Nice work and one of my favorites when I need a pick me up.

• 2 months later...

This is one of my all time favorite remixes on the site. I love listening to this song in the car and just cruising along. Although I wish some of the parts were longer, like the steel drums part; The whole song should be longer. But the sheer variety and island theme is great, highly recommended.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This song has got to be the most... different... remix I've heard so far, and I love it to bits! It's incredibly original and does wonders for the jaded ear. You all just have to hear it, right now. A truly marvelous mix. Malcos and Jivemaster are geniuses.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all, let me say I was OVERJOYED to hear the S3&K Icecap tune in there. Nobody really acknowledges that the song changed when S3 locked with s&K, but it did, ne? You can all keep your S3 Icecap songs and such. The lock-on version was perky.

Beyond that, 'twas excellent all around. I commend ye on a job well done. *bows*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is a great remix of Zone 1-2. The only thing I thought that was missing was the proper tempo of the music. It could've been a bit faster to match the tempo of the original track. I know there were some comments about the way this ended, but I really liked the ending myself. The sax and trumpets were exceptional also.

• 1 year later...

This track had me at the completely amazing fake steel drum solo. It's so implausible that you can't imagine it to be playable on an actual instrument, but the part itself is so cool. It'd make a fantastic synth solo, where suspension of disbelief isn't a requisite.

The shifts this track take on throughout it's four-and-a-half minute duration are immense, and everything is packed in so densely that it's a great track to listen to on repeat, finding new layers every few listens or so. This is Sonic plus the kitchen sink, and if one section doesn't immediately grab you, the one right after it is sure to.

An excellent collab where both mixers seem to have gone all out.

Recommended.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh yeah! I love the island feeling of this ReMix right here. Nice and tropical, especially with the steel drums. Then it goes into a bit of a chameleon effect, changing slightly every few seconds while maintaining the feeling. Wasn't blown away by the ending, but I didn't hate it. Just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the mix to me. Still enjoyed it and it made for a successful collab.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00665 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Dub Island (Bashment Riddim Edit)"