VOCR2: Knuckes Chaotix [Results]

Malcos

Competition is now closed, and voting is over.

And the winner is....Hale-Bopp!

2nd Place goes to DragonAvenger!

We had 8 votes, feedback from the voting will be pmed to the entrants tommorrow. That concludes round 2 of VOCR. If you want to listen to the entries...

Winning entry by Hale-Bopp, 'Over Oceans Blue' (24 Points)

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Oob.mp3

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Oob.txt

2nd place entry by Dragon Avenger, 'Won't let you go' (17 Points)

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Won't_Let_You_Go.mp3

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Won't_Let_You_Go.txt

3rd place entry by Broken, 'Over thoughts of you' (8 Points)

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/OverThoughtsofYou.mp3

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/OverThoughtsofYou.txt

4th place, SwordBreaker 'with Magical Kingdom' (5 Points)

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Magical_Kingdom.mp3

www.malcos.co.uk/VOCR2/Magical_Kingdom.doc

Round 2: Knuckes Chaotix 'Over Oceans Blue'

Here we go, my first time hosting this competition, so bear with me! Background track is a remix of the 'seascape' track from Knuckles Chaotix soundtrack.

Here are the rules for this round, slightly altered from last time, but mostly copied from Pixie's rules:

• You must use my instrumental track for the background. The track may not be changed— only added upon with your vocals and effects, or spliced if you're going for an a cappella section.
  • You may choose to sing the source melody as it already stands, if your range is that wide. Original melodies and harmonies are applauded, however. Don't be afraid to take some chances!
  • You can write original lyrics or sing without words; it's up to you! Additionally, if you'd like to sing with lyrics but can't think of any, you may collaborate with someone else so long as you give them credit. No borrowing from other sources unless you run it by me first.
  • Texts for songs with lyrics must be included in the email to me. And if your song is in a foreign language, an English translation is required.
  • Effects are more than welcome, but the main vocals may not be vocoded.
  • Auto-pitch correction will not be allowed. Not when I'm hosting this compo. If pitch correction has been used (and you are caught), you will be disqualified.

Entries: All entries are due by 3rd March 2007, which is about a month from now.

MP3 submissions should be tagged and sent to themalcos@gmail.com, and may be hosted online or included as an attachment. If you send me your track well before the deadline and then decide you wanna make some changes, that's totally cool. It's never too late to send again before the round closes. Do not post your track in this thread, however! We don't want anyone to "draw inspiration" from your original ideas, and plus... more suspense. :D At the end of the month, I will host all of the tracks on my website and edit the first post for everyone to see. I'm really copying Pixie's post here!

Collabs: Pixie and I have discussed this issue, and have decided that, in order to keep this competition fair and somewhat balanced, collaborations will be limited to only 2 vocalists.

Voting: Entries are now in, and so it's voting time! All entrants must participate as well, in the spirit of comradery, and cannot vote on their own mix. Everyone will choose their top three entries, listing them in order from most favorite to least favorite, and PM their votes to me. #1 choices will receive three points, #2 choices two, and #3 choices one. Make sense? We won't actually be rating the mixes on each of the following criteria, but I ask that you keep these things in mind while you vote:

• Creativity (personal flair, interesting harmonies, original lyrics, etc)
  • Vocal execution (pitch, rhythm, confidence, etc)
  • Production (bad/hissy recordings, dry mixing, etc)

We want to reward people for getting out there, even if they think their singing could use some improvement. So don't just vote for your favorite vocalist. Everybody deserves a chance! Don't forget that with each vote, you must also write a least a sentence saying why you voted that way, what you liked about the vocal performance etc. These will be used as feedback for the vocalists when the competition is over. Voting ends Sunday March 11th, winners will be announced on the 12th.

Nice track! Due date is the day before my 21st birthday and it's gonna be a busy few weeks, but I think I'll be able to put something together. Count me in! :D

EDIT:

By the way, your first post still says "Round 1"... hehehehehehe.

Before your 21st birthday? So I guess you'll be busy after your birthday, eh? (Possibly drinking alcohol?? =0)

But I agree, the first round was pretty intense. There were a lot of submissions, but I think that might also scare away some other people too. More competition, the harder it is to win. But it should just be about trying your best and having fun.. though winning a cash prize doesn't hurt either. ^_^;;

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get something in for this one. Student teaching's been very time consuming, and I haven't even gotten a chance to start on anything with this yet, even though I'm on February vacation! None-the-less, I will try to get something done, even if it's lyric-less.

EDIT: Scratch that, I got something!