80's guitar, any suggestions?

I checked out the Bela D Media guitars and the Studio B version sounds PERFECT...however it's $200 and i'm not gonna drop that kind of cash.

So if you guys have any ideas for a cheaper or better yet FREE sample that would be great. And no sorry I don't play the guitar so thats not an option :)

I can't tell you how CRAPPY fl studios slayer is UGH!!!

It appears Guitar Rig 2 still requires an actual guitar. For us pickless wonders it seems Slayer 2 is the best we're gonna get.

Actually, you use it like you would any other effect. You don't necessarily NEED an actual guitar, a soundfont would work just as well. Hell, I used an organ synth to make a power guitar. It's just how you use the effect.

Certain synths like the Korg LegacyCell are capable of emulating guitars. You could have a look through some that make use of saturation, sync, distortion or whatever.

Also, you can use a real guitar with slayer as well, which sounds as well. Otherwise just get a soundfont.

EDIT: forgot to mention, Steinberg/Wizoo Hypersonic 2 has some great guitars; the amp presets it has make it sound like 80's. (I'm talking, it can sound ALMOST IDENTICAL to the guitar lines in the GTA Vice City intro)