OCR01550 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney "This Feeling"

djpretzel

Oh man, this is so awesome. The overall feeling opening this piece is so mellow and harmonic, and although strings and an electric guitar is later added to the arrangement it still manages to keep that feeling, although more dynamic than before. It has just become morning over here, so this remix sets the mood perfectly on the day I have ahead of me.

I give this remix a perfect score. Not only that it's happy and energic mood makes me feel good, but it also makes me want to hunt down a copy of this game and buy it.

Not bad, but the incredibly weak and stiffly sequenced piano doesn't fit at all, and it's used to carry a lot of sections of the mix. The Orichalcon's recent Pictionary mix had a rigid piano as well, but he embraced it and worked it in in such a way that it seemed to become a matter of taste, while the piano here just strikes me as struggling and out-of-place. The electric piano flourishes from 2:40~ to 3:00~ suffer similarly but not quite as badly. The drums also don't quite seem to fit, especially the dance kick--the jazz-pop patterns are fine, but during high-energy sections there are some uncomfortable spastic patterns that seem to be in the wrong song.

Overall it's a solid foundation with a lot of minor flaws (although I'd argue the piano is a major issue) and I agree with the judges who asked for a resub. Live guitar wins again I guess.

I agree with Leah regarding the "weak and stiffly" piano - certainly the only real problem I have with this. The drum samples (somewhat the hi-hats but particularly the cymbal crashes) are rather low-fi and blatantly fake sounding. These problems are only minor, however, considering that there is MUCH to be appreciated here: nice contrast between the electrifying, energetic patterns and the jazzy patterns. Well recorded live guitar - awesome. The mix wins me over, definitely a must have even if you haven't heard of or played Phoenix Wright. Makes great driving music. Nice first posted mix OA, would love to hear more from you!

ZOMG a happy go lucky song on OCR!?

Been waiting for this one to get posted as I have been wanting to listen to it. :) Overall the arrangement, flow, and 'feeling' of this song is what does it for me. The only thing that really bothers me is there seems to be a lil too much shimmer on the hats in certain sections. Of course that particular sound fits well with the mood, so it's really just a matter of personal preference. The live guitar is awesome, and comes in at a perfect time. This def great driving music or something to really just put on repeat after a rough day or early in the morning when the sun has just come up.

Oh man, this is so awesome. The overall feeling opening this piece is so mellow and harmonic, and although strings and an electric guitar is later added to the arrangement it still manages to keep that feeling, although more dynamic than before. It has just become morning over here, so this remix stes the mood perfectly on the day I have ahead of me.

I give this remix a perfect score. Not only that it's happy and energic mood makes me feel good, but it also makes me want to hunt down a copy of this game and buy it.

That's exactly how I feel, right down to wanting to play the game myself. Sadly, I don't really have the money for it and a DS at the moment. =(

OK so I saw Phoenix Wright on the front page and almost had a heart attack, and finally downloaded a mix right when I first saw it (it's been a while since I did that).

That being said, this is quite nice. I have some of the same gripes that other people have already mentioned, but all in all I like this. Plus it's Phoenix Wright so it gets an instant HOORAY!

I'm very much the fan of this. I don't have any technical information to offer but from a purely consumerist point of view, I've had a crappy day and this cheers me up. I worried (before reading any reviews; therefore I didn't know the makeup of the song) there'd be an insertion of vocals, which stands a good chance to ruin any song I'd otherwise love, and I was happy to listen to the whole thing and find it purely instrumental. Props.

Very nice piece. I had only heard rumors of the game and the occasional reference to it in a few scattered locations. To tell you the truth, a court sim game is not thing you would expect good music to come from. But it is very pleasent to listen to. It does not blow your mind with "WOW this is awesome!" But very well done.

I've been waiting, nay PRAYING, for someone to submit a remix from Phoenix Wright. Not only have you delivered, you delivered with GUSTO! Thank you SO much. I'm going to be listening to this for a LONG time. One of the best of its kind IMO.

I can understand some of the technical criticisms, but it put a big smile on my face. At the end of the day, that's what really matters to me.

Now you just need to remix the "Objection!" music in this style. ;)

Mother friggin' bravo, son. I usually wait for the song to end before I write a review about it but I couldn't wait for it to end. It tickled me that much. EXCELLENT choice in the track you've chosen for the first PW mix on this site. This is indeed a "Victory!!" Also, 'Objection!' would've been acceptable, but this mix stands well on it's own.

You know, I was begining to wander how long it would be for a PW mix to show up with how many people on the site pronouncing their love for the game(s).

What gets me liking this is the how it goes in and out of being slow and calm to upbeat and energenic. Great job, sir. Thank you and good night!

You know, I was begining to wander how long it would be for a PW mix to show up with how many people on the site pronouncing their love for the game(s).

Same. This is just a really nice mix all around. This one went straight to my ipod for my drive home from work the other day, because I knew it would work well for that. I'm all about songs that provide energy and motivation. What else is there to say except that it rocks my world. This game deserved a sweet remix and here it is.

Mixing, mastering and production are all tight. It's plain to see why this made it on OCR. Good job!

I was elated to see a Phoenix Wright remix up here at OCRemix. I've played both of the games released in the US, but I can't place this song. What music is it a remix of?

Failling to recognize it didn't stop me from enjoying it though. Very nicely done. I've got a weak spot for the super cheesy cheery tunes that must be satisfied every now and then.

Wow guys, thanks for all the positive comments! I really appreciate them, and I am super psyched that you guys like my mix for the most part. :D

The song is called Victory!~ The first victory and it's a great track. You guys can check out the original here:

http://oceansend.com/5502/rockp3/collab/25%20Victory!%20~%20The%20First%20Victory.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01550 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney "This Feeling"