Nintendo Phone (?)

Bahamut

I wish it resembled the wiimote instead but an interesting idea nonetheless.

Didn't you click the link? The mockup they provide looks a lot like a wiimote to me...

4.jpg

And heh, if I had to choose between this and an iPhone I'd probably take this, depending on specs...if I want a cell phone, I wouldn't care about a touch screen or web browsing or ipod capabilities. But I wouldn't mind a random mario game on it. And wii connectability would certainly be interesting.

By the way, I don't think this is ever going to happen. Doesn't sound at all like something nintendo would have in mind.

Didn't you click the link? The mockup they provide looks a lot like a wiimote to me...

4.jpg

And heh, if I had to choose between this and an iPhone I'd probably take this, depending on specs...if I want a cell phone, I wouldn't care about a touch screen or web browsing or ipod capabilities. But I wouldn't mind a random mario game on it. And wii connectability would certainly be interesting.

By the way, I don't think this is ever going to happen. Doesn't sound at all like something nintendo would have in mind.

That's most definitely fake.

Wow, that would have been a great phone if it was made in the early to mid 90's. I mean I like playing games with my Wiimote but holding it to my head and having a conversation on it... It'd look even dumber than when I play Warioware in front of family and friends.

i'd buy a nintendo phone, but i wouldn't buy a nintendo phone that looked like that. I'm sure if they put some actual effort into it, that it would turn out pretty sweet. Though i'll say this' i don't think the world needs a nintendo phone. I'd buy an xbox phone maybe, just because of the "live anywhere" stuff. But i barely play my xbox. If nintendo had some cool online service with the wii, and maybe i could take my VC games on the go (maybe just a port for the Classic controller, haha that would be akward as hell.) it would be pretty gnarly.

And heh, if I had to choose between this and an iPhone I'd probably take this, depending on specs...if I want a cell phone, I wouldn't care about a touch screen or web browsing or ipod capabilities.

Well, at least it wouldn't be $600 if Nintendo made it :P

After the N-Gage, I don't think Nintendo would be stupid enough to release a gaming phone. Of course, they do have enough mindless fanboys who will buy anything with the company's name on it. Even the iPhone is a more reasonable idea, and that isn't going to be nearly as successful as everyone thinks it's going to be. The only way Nintendo could pull a phone off is if they: a) made it compatible with GBA games, B) made it cheap and, c) had a good/slick design.

The only way I'd really buy this is if it took GBA carts. Because I really wouldn't want to have to pay download games I already own. It'd be very convient to have a cellphone and GameBoy in one, but I'd like to put in my own games that I own.

But it WOULD be cool to play virtual console games on it!

But only if it was under $150.

And if you're thinking of the N-Gage as an example, I'd mention the comparison of the Game.com and the DS. Both were online capable, touchscreen handhelds. Yet the Game.com was a miserable failure and the DS is the #1 handheld currently on the market. I think they could pull off a Nin-Gage if they did it right.