We are the Strange

Unstable Hamster

• 6 months later...

The concept of this intrigues, which is the equilavent of the mixed media genre in modern canvas artworks. But, like most mixed media artworks, it is an acquired taste dependent on knowing how and why it was created. So, out of simple desire to satisfy my own curiousity, I watched the production videos.

This guy reminds me a lot of Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park and in a very general sense, the trailers remind of their music. I still not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. (Personally, I have developed a fondness of LP, but not to a point of fandom.) Anyway, when you deal with someone like that, their work tends to overlook depth and longevity in favor of emotional presentation and general appeal.

As such the biggest aspect of the promotion is on the visual appearance of the film. I've yet to see a review or interview that goes deeper than the polish or surface of the film. There's nothing to account for the composition of styles presented. No quips about a story that is emotionally driven or intellectually provocative. No moral or reflection, or even commentary on society or culture/sub-cultures.

From the outside, looking through all the publicity and praise, this seems like just another weird movie with a unique face. I'll probably see it anyway. It may grow on me.