SGXRMX2 - SGX Remix Project 2.0

sgx

sgxrmx2logo.gif

Welcome to SGXRMX2 ! Currently COMPLETE!

http://www.sgxmusic.com/sgxrmx2.htm

Once upon a time, the magnanimous SGX was troubled with a distinct lack of remix within his realm. "My followers must have remix!" he proclaimed. One fortuitous night, SGX descended into his forges of sonance and brought fourth four empyreal stem files. WIth a mighty heave, SGX scattered the stem files across the internet in the hopes that they might find their way to the finest of songsmiths in the realm.

For several moons SGX waited. Finally, 18 honorable champions of the remix presented SGX with their best efforts. SGX observed these remixes and reflected upon the many hours his subjects spent toiling for the good of the realm. Eleven remixes shone even brighter than the rest. The remixes pleased SGX, however the number eleven did not. "One more remix must be forged!" SGX determined, so he descended once again into his mighty sound forge and produced one final, glorious remix himself.

"These excellent etudes must be heard by anyone with an ear for the sublime, young and old, far and wide!" SGX decided. With this in mind, SGX set forth to construct a vehicle for the delivery of these magnificent remixes. He wondered, "How does one amalgamate such greatness into one place?" Of course! The only solution was to construct the mightiest album ever known! "I shall call it SGXRMX2 - the SGX Remix project." And so it was.

Check out the official page to grab each entry mp3, or grab the full torrent (it's super healty, yay!) of the 12 I selected to be in the compiled album.

The album is completely free for download from my page, but it will be on iTunes in a couple months, and I'm releasing just like 4 physical CD's at around $25. Proceeds from both will go to Prophecy's charity record label PMFFC record label.

I need ur votes doods! 4 remixers (minus the 4 I will be sending Tshirts + CDs) get CD's too. Up to the listeners.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=eppu75wr17dwbfu300702

I'll have deets on the CD release soon. I'll be making them this weekend. I don't think I'll have more than 4 to sell. If you mention it (or have mentioned it) in this thread, I'll put you down for one. I think they will be $25 (proceeds going to the charity of course). Kind of like a shitty preorder system, eh? First dibs first serve (what?). I'll let you know, after i know exactly how many I am making if you have been A LUCKY CHOSEN ONE, and then I shall direct you to the normal cart ordering system in my store.

Anyways. Hope you super duper enjoy. My three fave mixes came in the third batch.

Oh yeah! Yours. Hmmm...did you email me your submission as per the instructions? :) I know I listened to yours but I've been posting things based on submission emails I get. I'd rather not have to scour threads to find the submissions. I'll get yours in the next group if you can get me that email. Sorry!

Yes, I would like 320 kbps, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I don't have the technical ability to do it, but I think the middle part of Me Semper Maneas [that is, the middle part of the full version] could make for an interesting remix, as it sounds so very different from the rest of the song.

Just a suggestion for anyone looking for ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Yoyoyo. Batch 2 is posted: www.sgxmusic.com/sgxrmx2.htm

Cool stuff from Malcos and some others.

I've decided on a due date - April 20th! Get your stuff in!

And DAMN, I've been getting a lot of Coactive remixes. If you're going for one of the prizes, I'm gonna let you know now that a good strategy would be to remix something else! People getting prizes are people whos tracks are going to be on the final album that I stick together and release as a downloadable package. I don't want it to be 90% Coactive, so picking something different will be an easier way to make me happy :). Need some Lofi Attitude action!

And this is a little design I'm working on for either the TShirt or the Album cover graphics:

sgxrmx2-shirt1.2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stuff is due today! Got some hot stuff.

The free download album torrent will be available on the 10th! Everything will be available as singles too.

I've decided to also release SGXRMX2 on iTunes and a bunch of other music services. All the proceeds will go to a charity I will give more info about soon.

I am assuming that none of the artists who participated will have a problem with this. The album is still free off my site, but iTunes browsers and people who just want to donate will have about 65% of their money from the purchase go towards the charity (iTunes and CDbaby, the company that will get my tunes on iTunes grab 35% of the money).

I've decided to also release SGXRMX2 on iTunes and a bunch of other music services. All the proceeds will go to a charity I will give more info about soon.

I am assuming that none of the artists who participated will have a problem with this. The album is still free off my site, but iTunes browsers and people who just want to donate will have about 65% of their money from the purchase go towards the charity (iTunes and CDbaby, the company that will get my tunes on iTunes grab 35% of the money).

That's badass man, really a great gesture. I'm all for it, and as you said, I highly doubt anybody will have a problem.

Stuff is due today! Got some hot stuff.

The free download album torrent will be available on the 10th! Everything will be available as singles too.

Any plans for a hard copy release a la BTSB?

Any plans for a hard copy release a la BTSB?

I thought about doing an extremely limited run, like 20, mostly just because I would like a physical copy of everything I've produced to put on my shelf with the others :). But there are problems with that, like selling it - I said at the beginning, that this would be a totally free only for download album, and I don't want to go back on that and start selling. All the content is the individual remixers' work, so I don't want to change how I'm using it from what the remixers essentially agreed was ok by submitting (does that make sense?). Probably no one would care, but I still feel like being ethical like that. I feel weird profiting off of other people's work, and its not worth it to try and split the profits on a project this small (and it would definitely be a small project - BTSB sold like poo, so I assume this would also :D)

I could send the profits from physical discs off to charity, like the iTunes sales, you say? I'm just a lazy ass. If I'm going to design, print and sell CDs (it is a LOT of work) I want to see some green coming my way. Donating the profits from iTunes is hella easy. I basically just have to pay $55 for Cdbaby to get me on there, wait till money rolls in, and after I gain back my $55, start paypaling or mailing checks to the charity every few months. I don't really have to do anything like print and mail CD's.

So, no CD's probably. Maybe I'll make like 5, keep one for myself and sell the other four at an exorbitant price and give THAT money to charity. At least that would be easy. There's probably 4 people out there that would pay like $25 for a collectible SGX CD sold for charity, rite?

Ok, thinking out loud will stop now.

I's is cool with it, yo! You know, provided I actually made it on the album.

Duh. You're on the album. Your track was awesome. Did you get the email I sent you?