SGXRMX2 - SGX Remix Project 2.0

sgx

Sorry for holding everything up, guys. (My slow ass was the reason why SGX moved the due date.) WesPip will get his "Me Semper Maneas" remix, though. :smile:

Hoorah!

Though...someone did use it a LITTLE in one of their mixes.

KOMPLETE!

http://www.sgxmusic.com/sgxrmx2.htm

Once upon a time, the magnanimous SGX was troubled with a distinct lack of remix within his realm. "My followers must have remix!" he proclaimed. One fortuitous night, SGX descended into his forges of sonance and brought fourth four empyreal stem files. WIth a mighty heave, SGX scattered the stem files across the internet in the hopes that they might find their way to the finest of songsmiths in the realm.

For several moons SGX waited. Finally, 18 honorable champions of the remix presented SGX with their best efforts. SGX observed these remixes and reflected upon the many hours his subjects spent toiling for the good of the realm. Eleven remixes shone even brighter than the rest. The remixes pleased SGX, however the number eleven did not. "One more remix must be forged!" SGX determined, so he descended once again into his mighty sound forge and produced one final, glorious remix himself.

"These excellent etudes must be heard by anyone with an ear for the sublime, young and old, far and wide!" SGX decided. With this in mind, SGX set forth to construct a vehicle for the delivery of these magnificent remixes. He wondered, "How does one amalgamate such greatness into one place?" Of course! The only solution was to construct the mightiest album ever known! "I shall call it SGXRMX2 - the SGX Remix project." And so it was.

I need ur votes doods! 4 remixers (minus the 4 I will be sending Tshirts + CDs) get CD's too. Up to the listeners.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=eppu75wr17dwbfu300702

I'll have deets on the CD release soon. I'll be making them this weekend. I don't think I'll have more than 4 to sell. If you mention it (or have mentioned it) in this thread, I'll put you down for one. I think they will be $25 (proceeds going to the charity of course). Kind of like a shitty preorder system, eh? First dibs first serve (what?). I'll let you know, after i know exactly how many I am making if you have been A LUCKY CHOSEN ONE, and then I shall direct you to the normal cart ordering system in my store.

Anyways. Hope you super duper enjoy. My three fave mixes came in the third batch.

Sorry dude..

I really liked the strings in the beginning of the track, but the rest of the track was pretty similar sounding to my original loops, just slowed down. I liked the glitching, but I wish you followed through with those strings! They kind of just quit after the intro. The mix was also short, and it was of Coactive which was over-represented, so I didn't include it.

I'll have deets on the CD release soon. I'll be making them this weekend. I don't think I'll have more than 4 to sell. If you mention it (or have mentioned it) in this thread, I'll put you down for one. I think they will be $25 (proceeds going to the charity of course). Kind of like a shitty preorder system, eh? First dibs first serve (what?). I'll let you know, after i know exactly how many I am making if you have been A LUCKY CHOSEN ONE, and then I shall direct you to the normal cart ordering system in my store.

Anyways. Hope you super duper enjoy. My three fave mixes came in the third batch.

Just making double sure I'm on the list.

Man, I'm a douche. I managed to let -RK-'s mix slip through the cracks... I've added it to the page now. Or just check it out here: http://www.sgxmusic.com/music/SGXRMX2/batch3/SGXRMX2%20-%20Be%20Coactive%20and%20Find%20Your%20Haven%20%5BRoss%20Kmet%27s%20Phresh%20Lettuce%20Mix%5D.mp3

It is good and I want to include it in the compilation, so I'll be taking down the torrent tracker shortly (and the spiff streaming box will go down too, because I'm doing all that through jamendo.com) while I re-set up the album on Jamendo. In the mean-time, I'll just host a zip with the mp3's.

http://www.sgxmusic.com/sgxrmx2/SGXRMX2.zip

Just making double sure I'm on the list.

Damn for a second I thought I missed another remix....but you're talking about buying the CD. Whew. Yeah. Just do me a solid and send me an email about it if you haven't yet: sgx@sgxmusic.com

Thanks.

Yeah, I was gonna tell you the other day I was surprised Ross' remix wasn't on the album. I really dug it!

Ditto on all that. I was waiting to hear a final version as Ross had been working on it since the project started and it was sounding pretty sweet from the beggining versions.

I really enjoyed everyone's mixes, lots of good ideas that expand on the glitch and break fest that is sgx.

Thanks everyone who participated.

I had materials enough for 14 CD's, so I made all the art and cases last night. I'll be burning discs tomorrow. 8 CD's will go to people who won (4 to the four people who I chose for tshirts, plus 4 to people who win the vote after a week). 1 goes to me, the final 5 will be sold for $25 with proceeds going to pmffc.org. I think I have four people who emailed me with 'dibs' on the CD's, so one left.