I hate Prince, but...

Maco70

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/07/prince.superbowl.ap/index.html

Prince's acclaimed performance included a guitar solo during the "Purple Rain" segment of his medley in which his shadow was projected onto a large, flowing beige sheet. As the 48-year-old rock star let rip, the silhouette cast by his figure and his guitar (shaped like the singer's symbol) had phallic connotations for some.

vert.prince.ap.jpg

Are people ultra sensitive these days, or is it just me?

Oh, and snickers' Superbowl ad is being called "Homo-Phobic".

=|

While I thought it was obviously phallic and there was no way they didn't plan it or at least notice this in rehearsal, its no big deal. Kids aren't going to pick up on it and adults should be adult enough to deal with it. It doesn't actually LOOK like a huge dick. It looks like a stylized symbol of a dick...maybe.

With curly balls.

But this time, it was the NFL that produced the halftime show (MTV had in 2004). Spokesman Greg Aiello said the league has received no complaints.

"We respect other opinions, but it takes quite a leap of the imagination to make a controversy of his performance," Aiello said. "It's a guitar."

Seems nobody else really thinks it's that bad either.

A bit of Lewis Black comes to mind whenever I see one of these "OH GOD IT'S A PENIS/BOOB IN REAL LIFE OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"'But what about the children, Lewis', I can hear some of you asking that. What about the children? It's more disturbing for a child to hear an adult talking about this, and how it's disgusting, and evil, and wrong, than it is to actually see one.

I can't believe that everyone is still talking about the halftime show. Didn't anyone watch the game? Didn't anyone else notice that before almost every play, the center would bend over and then the quarterback would walk up and stand behind him in a sexually suggestive way? All I know is if I were a parent, I would be really afraid of my kids turning gay from watching that. Football needs to be stopped.

I thought that too, but do they have to play it out to the public like some perverts?

I agree with some who say that was probably one of the best half time shows ever.

Prince has remained a pretty good artist in my opinion. Unlike a lot of old timers who tends to recycle their music and go to tour to get money. He's what Michael Jackson would've been if he didn't go crazy.

As for the game itself, you can't expect much when they're playing in a heavy storm. That was just ridiculous. The only thing missing was thunder and lightning.

As for the game itself, you can't expect much when they're playing in a heavy storm. That was just ridiculous. The only thing missing was thunder and lightning.

But that's just it. Playing in the rain should have made for a far more interesting game, and in the first quarter, it did. Fumbles, stumbles, bobbled catches and passes... it was good watching. But once the second quarter started, the Bears died, and the Colts just took their sweet time getting points over a three quarter snooze-fest.