OCR00620 - Mega Man 2 "Wily Meets Flash Man"

orkybash

Mega Man 2 'Wily Meets Flash Man'

One nice thing about a non-techno artist doing techno is that you can get some good variations on the genre that you normally wouldn't get. While NoppZ's song may not be a complete revolution in the techno genre, it does offer a fresh sound that isn't heard much around here (although it did kind of remind me of djp's style). Nice variation, both within the remix and within the genre, as I've already mentioned. Recommended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I love the way Flashmans music was incorporated into the wily stage theme, a wonderful blend...kinda like some expensive venezuelan coffee or something that i've never tried.

There needs to be a few more mixes like this, the switch-em-up style. Even if not for the same game (MM2), it would be nice to see the style repeated in some other form.

Anyways enough of my stupid rambling. A good song to download if you like either theme...which you should..because if you dont like Megaman music you should be shot. In the head. And killed. Jerk.

:)

-Doug

• 2 months later...

This is really, really, good. Possibly one of the few things here one could actually dance to, due to two factors:

1. It KEEPS a steady, fast beat throughout, which makes it easier to dance to.

2. The tune is catchy! Hard to dance to something that you won't remember, in my experience.

The composition is excellent, but more so in the case of Wily's theme. It sounds a heck of a lot better than the Flashman bits in this Mix (Though that's saying something, as Flashman is still very good). I love how Wily's theme is layed into the background of the Flashman theme.

Listening to this on endles loop is fun.... :lol:

Wow. I haven't listened to this for quite a while, since before the hard drive incident...

I had almost forgotten how much this song kicks my ass. Then again, it's not like NoppZ's music hasn't beat the shit out of me before. The transitioning between the themes in this song is just done so amazingly well.

• 1 month later...

what’s cool about this is that from the intro you can imagine the lead in the distance coming in louder and stronger, when BOOM, there it is center-fold. from there, it just keeps building, breaking down, and layering up. 2:44 gives me a high with each listen when the new synth joins the lead

• 5 months later...

This is 4'11'' of pure quality. I dig everything the transitions from Wily's theme to Flash Man's has been pulled off superbly to carry this techno track flowing smoothly. Excellent arrangement and comp, this is a class act of how to mix duel themes to create something special. I love hittin' the volume up a few thousand notches when i listen to this!

• 4 months later...

Wow.. I was blown away by this! If only they'd play this sort of stuff at nightclubs more often, hehe. The Wily theme was my favourite from MM2 and it's a vibrant, commendable reproduction. The flashman part has exceptional energy to it and the two themes meld extremely well together. This mix is definitely in my top few on OC.

This is a great remix that I had in my music collection for quite a while. NoppZ is a great remixer with other faves like Kefka Goes West. This is a remix that deserves to be honored and treasured for the good work done and the joy it brings to those that played Mega Man 2 and remember the original beats. NoppZ, I tip my hat off to you. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I've listened to this song many times over the last 4 years, and it's still amazing.

BTW,

One has to wonder if any single one of the composers who worked on the soundtrack have visited us and laughed / cried / dropped their jaw in amazement that their NES chip tunage from days of yore had inspired this much homage. I guess we'll never know (unless like "Yuukichan's Papa" emailed us with proof of identity and some kind words of encouragement, but I'm not holding my breath ^^

Wikipedia has since answered the proof of "Yuukichan's Papa's" identity question, LOL...

• 1 year later...

Some nice original counterpoint ideas in this one, and despite that initial transition being pretty weaksauce, the rest of the track shifts very smoothly.

The beats are pretty straightforward and repetitive, but synthwise enough is going on for the track to keep plenty of forward momentum.

It's two great source songs in one! How can you go wrong?

• 10 months later...

Unbelievable to me that I have never commented on this track since it is one of my all time favorite remixes and amongst my top 5 Megaman tracks. It starts out good and only gets better. A very techno esque arrangment. It dies down around 1:02 but comes right back for more. If you were/are a MegaMan fan this one is definitely going to set your mind nostalgic.

A true classic.

• 6 years later...

The countermelodic synth added in at :08 is such a subtle introduction, but boy does that writing fit like a glove there; nice touch for the intro. This was a melodically conservative arrangement, but Philip personalized the arrangement well via the instrumentation choices and some occasional sections of original writing.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00620 - Mega Man 2 "Wily Meets Flash Man"