Midi Guitar

Synth

I've been wanting to control midi with my guitar for a while now.

After reading around, it seams like the best way is to go with roland. They have a special pickup which you install on your guitar that sends vibrations into the roland box thing which converts them to midi if I understand right.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I'd like to know what i'm limited to. I doubt its possible, but with this will the knobs and switches on my guitar work with midi to?

I'd like to go for a cheaper route than roland(500-600), but so far I dont know of any.

One of my very first electric guitars was one that I just happened to have, I think either someone gave it to my dad or I got it at a pawn shop, but it was equipped with a synth pickup system. Must have been broken or something, or my shitty onboard MIDI in, but it wouldn't really pick up anything correctly. Most of what I would record would have to be severely "corrected" (see fig. Ruined) using a mouse.

So yeah, my experiance was pretty shitty. I've seen some synth systems for sale really cheap at some pawn shops around here, but I don't trust em at all.