WIP Eight-legged Terror

Diet Chugg

I'm a noob. So this is my first shot, I'm all ready for compliments or complaints

This song comes from the Game and Watch (G&W) series for the game boy. I know the song is found in the first and fouth G&W

The octopus game where your goal was simple. Steal Money!!!

Here's The Song:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmfdwjzz4nt

(bye the way, my goal is to make one of my songs an OC remix, and that is what I want this song to be, eventually)

For your First song is really good,

I like the catchi tune althought i never played the game, it sounds great. I think u should smooth a bit the changes from theme to theme Example: min 2:07. its not that right to change it that way, it just hears out of place.

Thats the only thing i noticed, the rest It sounds Good and i like it, Specially the Start.

Good Luk man, i hope u make it a OcRemix.

-Kevo

That's true, If I remember right that's where it suddenly cuts off to the "you lose" music. See in the game you avoid this big octopus's legs and try to hack off with the treasure. Well when you get hit It cuts the beutiful music off and plays this nasty death music, so that part was supposto come across as a joke to those who have played the game. That is true I probably ought to change that, but I like it, so I may do an update later when I'm at home and knock that out. Or wait! even better I could use my I mike and record me saying Game Over, so everyone else get's the joke too!

Not a bad first tune. Here are a few suggestions of things I'd work on:

The clap/drum loop from :19 - :28 gets a little repetative with the drum fill playing on every measure. Specifically, I mean the double snare hit at the end of each loop. It's probably more of a style thing, but I'd break it up to only have that fill play once or twice through the section.

I like the drum roll at :31, but it sounds uneven. Might be on purpose, but if not you may want to clean it up to a more even rhythm.

The pad playing the chords from 1:26 - 1:49 seem a little bland and subdued. I'd recommend trying to give it a little more style and feeling.

That's all I can think of for now, so I hope it helps. Keep working on it!

I decided that for now it is finished and sent it in to be judged, I know it may fail, but oh well. The fact that my computer has now fried that has the data for being able to edit the song. So I'm sad. I thought I had a back up of it too, but it was wayyyy out of date.

Although I would still like comments on my song and will continue to be open about it.

Hah. I've done a version of this song too with the similar title 8-legged Crybaby.

Middle section with the sped up theme seems outs of place. Love the replication of the death sound.

Artistically I think it should feel somewhat more somber after that, but it sounds alright as is. The snapping percussion just doesn't seem to fit.

Yeah, this was my first real mix. It's not mastered well.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/4u6fa

But there you go.

Oh, and more comments on your song: I thought the death idea was great, but didn't fit in at the place where it was placed. If you're going to stick to replicating in game sounds, to notify tempo changing you might include the treasure grabbing sound effect. The ending needs more of a climax.