I finally finished it!!!

New post date: 03/22-2010

*REVISIT*

Separated Version:

Part I: Don't Look Back!

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01872/

Part II: Beyond the Point of No Return!

stats.png

I had to re-visit the second part of the Plumber's Bane Saga lol. I had to change out the ending to something video game related... so I picked NSMBW..

New ending: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - End of World Castle

Ryan

I like this alot! I can't wait for the finished product. I've never played New Super Mario Bros. I'm more into the old games.

But that sound in the beginning of the 2nd one, it sounded like that scene from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King when Smeagol killed his cousin. How did you make that sound? It's awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments. I'm kinda busy with school right now so I'm not gonna be able to put much work into this for a little while.

But that sound in the beginning of the 2nd one, it sounded like that scene from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King when Smeagol killed his cousin. How did you make that sound? It's awesome!

I was waiting for someone to comment on that. Rammfan87, you're close, very close. Actually I cheated. I'm not sure if what I did is fround upon but what I did was sample a series of sound effects right out of a movie and added some of my own bits to it (with a bit more to be added soon). The movie was actually Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. But yeah, if this kind of sampling is 'bad' or whatever, someone let me know. The stuff is not really music but just sound effects I thought would build the mood. I Love how creepy it is!!!

NOW, if you can guess what the last bit is based on I'll really be surprised!!

Ryan

I was close, but that would be GREAT if I knew how to make that sound.

But I have no other clue where the other came from. I could have sworn it was from Return of the King, though. Oh well. But I'm a student in college, so I understand what it's like to not have time to make songs.

yeah. It would be nice to be able to do something like that myself (sound effects) I'm still learning. I'm in College too, or university as we canadians call it. I'm trying to write up a Inorganic Chem lab as we 'type'. It's not going well.

And I still can't think of a name for the Second Movement!!! lol

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

This is gonna be another slow release for me. I'm all tied up with school and midterms and other crap that I wish I never had to look at again. oh well. The only thing new I have come up with is a short into for the first movement. But it still needs A LOT of work. I also want to try any expand on the first main theme a bit, when i get the time.

Question: Does anyone else think I need to re-sequence the drums in the second movement? I'm not sure if i like them that much.

Opinions?

Ryan

• 2 months later...

(first movement) I like it a lot, but some parts near the beginning seem a little bit too seperated, like they're just clips thrown together, I think it would be better if there was a melody going to connect the two, just one melody line, (lead or background) that worked with both transitioning pieces that kept going as everything else changed. It could come in just a tad before each transition and then fade out shortly after, you don't need to use the same melody every time either.

I have not experience whatsoever in re-mixing, thats just an idea I think might work. Good luck with everything.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

WOW.

The SMW Bowser Battle sequence gave me chills when those chords came in. There are so many excellent sequences in this mix - and this doesn't feel at all like a medley, despite all the songs used.

And thanks for posting the track origins - it helps to pick out where the different melodies came from (I had missed the World 8 map tune altogether on first listen, and I'm not as familiar with NSMB as the classic games).

Fantastic Bowser music throughout. Poor Mario - this is one hell of a long level! :) Hope to see this "officially" on OCR soon.