Tyrian "Rock Garden" + others

predcon

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Just because I want some Tyrian remixes:

I know we aren't supposed to link this place, but since no OST for Tyrian was ever released, I'm linking it anyway.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/2100

NEEDS MOAR REMIXAGE DAMMIT

O...M...G "The Level" brings back SO many memories. The breakdown section could be a remix all by itself!!!

NEEDS MOAR REMIXAGE DAMMIT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Personally, I'd like to hear some remixes of the more heavy stuff in the game. My picks would be Torm - The Gathering, Transon, Return Me to Savara, and Gyges Will You Please Help Me. Holloween Ramble would be an awesome one to hear as well (gotta love that creepy tune). Some of the other stuff would be cool as well - Endings No. 1 and 2, Tunneling Trolls, A Field for Mag, etc. - heck anything from the game would. :D

It'd probably be better if they were more based on the FM Sound versions of the tunes though (as I mentioned in the other thread). A good example of why are those sweet pitch bending wails in the Gyges tune - I can only imagine what it'd sound like if someone did a hardcore metal-ish remix of it. (If you can't already tell, GWYPHM is one of my two top-favorite tunes from the game.)

[edit]

And I'd love to hear someone do a remix of BEER - the track used for the Zinglon's Ale minigame :P

*facepalms*

Oh, man. I once played that minigame for almost an hour, listening to that tune loop itself over and over again... if there ever was a "real" ending to that stage, I never found it. It just went on... and on... and on... [edit] Or am I thinking of that other minigame. *winces* I can't remember, but I think they both used the same music. >_< Either way, both stages were annoying.

• 2 months later...

Hello, it's my first post here. 8)

You may or may not be interested but I've made remixes of 3 Tyrian songs: Rock Garden, Tyrian - The Song, and Return me to Savara. The last one's pretty much just a re-instrumentation and the second one needs work on mastering. Also they are loops like the originals so they wouldn't fit OCR's guidelines.

Anyways, here's my version of Rock Garden:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/157709

The last minute is orignal work, so if I add a beginning and ending I think it should qualify for OCR too.

cheers

Anyways, here's my version of Rock Garden:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/157709

Holy smack! *saves* Dood! So totally sweet! Hot! Hot! Hot! *starts headbanging*

Epic can't even describe how awesome this is! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! :-D :-D :-D :-D

It's terrible that OCR couldn't accept these. There's a lot of great stuff in the archive, but still many can't touch the level of greatness this achieves. It's simply astounding.

[edit]Holy toledo! Return Me to Savara?!!! No way!! That's my favorite tune from the game! Please send me a link! (PM'd you if you didn't get this.)

Hey. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. :grin:

Originally I posted them on Gamera's Tyrian forum, that I stumbled upon searching for tyrian music. The links there are still active.

http://tyrian2k.proboards23.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=51&page=4

Alternatively, a direct link to my stuff:

http://ihme.org/~orbik/mp3/tyrian/

Rock Garden was the only one I considered "ready for release", but I did intend to make a remix/cover of the whole soundtrack. If only I wasn't such a lazy bum :neutral:

holy awesome, great stuff

Tyrian is too dope. I remember playing the trial garbage when I was about 7. A couple years ago I was trying to get all the old cool games that I used to love. I grabbed Tyrian2000, Whackey Racers? I think. And Scorthed Earth; which is the best.

You have saved yourself in my eyes.

A couple years ago I was trying to get all the old cool games that I used to love. I grabbed Tyrian2000, Whackey Racers? I think. And Scorthed Earth; which is the best.

If it's the game I'm thinking of - where you pick a go-kart-driving animal and drive around a bunch'a different tracks hurling hedgehogs and other such things at your opponents - the game's called Wacky Wheels.

(Which could possibly use a little remixing, I suppose . . . :P)

• 2 weeks later...

:shock: Awesome! I am simply dumfounded how good you are at this. Simply amazing dood. :mrgreen:

Now if only you could do Gyges, Will You Please Help Me and A Field For Mag. You've done such astounding work with just the previous three tunes that I can't even imagine how awesome those would sound. :-D

As for Return Me To Savara, it just goes to show why I love the tune so much. Thanks a million. ^_^