Metal Gear Solid Movie Announcement!

Dyne

Oo I dunno about this one. As fantastic as the idea may seem, virtually ALL VG-based movies are a load of shit. With the exception of Mortal Kombat, (the first one that is...hee hee) look at Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Doom, Silent Hill all shit. As for the choice of Snake himself, Huge Jackman indeed (for the MGS3 era) but for MGS2 and beyond, I would cast Mel Gibson. He's old, sarcastic and a got a mean punch. Perfect...

As awesome as Hugh Jackman would be, we all know who snake really has to be played by.

Steven Seagal.

Whos with me?

But really, Hugh Jackman really is the best actor for Snake imo, as well as liquid.

Hugh Jackman as Solid Snake, and Steven Seagal as Luiqid. Hugh Jackman wouldn't stand a chance though, Steven Seagal never dies, or get's hurt.

I'm not going to get my hopes too high, as I know they'll be crushed when this comes out. If not, I'll just be that more entertained by the fact that it actually was a good movie. Perhaps it could cover part of the story of the MSX games? That's the one era we have yet to see in any sort of accurate detail, aside from the previous missions text in MGS1.

Does anyone else think David Hayter looks enough like Snake to pull it off? I mean, he's got the voice. :-P

If not Snake, then he looks a good deal like Otacon when he has glasses on.

Or, Hayter could pen the screenplay.

I mean, come on. The guy's a screenwriter AND the voice of Snake. He should be in the movie somehow.

Does anyone else think David Hayter looks enough like Snake to pull it off? I mean, he's got the voice. :-P

If not Snake, then he looks a good deal like Otacon when he has glasses on.

Or, Hayter could pen the screenplay.

I mean, come on. The guy's a screenwriter AND the voice of Snake. He should be in the movie somehow.

Yeah I was thinking that.

Because at VGL I saw and he had long hair and facial kinda gruff looking. And what made it better is that he had a bandana on.

Did sorta look like him.

Viggo ain't a bad choice imo. Kinda weird, but I think he could pull it off. I think Jackman could do decently....

I think it would be awesome if Big Boss was played by Kurt Russell...

I hope Raiden isn't in it, and if he is, I hope he's just a minor mention.

I would really like it if they make a lot of minor references throughout the entire film that pay homage to tiny minor situations and events in the game. That would rock.

And if they mentioned Zanzibar Hamsters.... hell... the movie would deserve an award.

Oo I dunno about this one. As fantastic as the idea may seem, virtually ALL VG-based movies are a load of shit. With the exception of Mortal Kombat, (the first one that is...hee hee) look at Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Doom, Silent Hill all shit. As for the choice of Snake himself, Huge Jackman indeed (for the MGS3 era) but for MGS2 and beyond, I would cast Mel Gibson. He's old, sarcastic and a got a mean punch. Perfect...
Don't get me started on how good Silent Hill was

Steven Segal needs to be in this film

Well the producer has been on a variety of projects (Dark City, Blow, Thirteen Days, Boogie Nights, Ghost Rider, Zathura, Blade II and many more) so this could definitely go either way. I think this has the best chance of being good because MGS itself is very cinematic and could easily translate onto film. As long as they don't restrict CODEC moments to just the talking head portraits.

So, who should play Snake? I say Hugh Jackman. This guy is a great actor, action star, bad ass, and with some costume design and makeup, he can look like Snake.

I think they ought to have David Hayter do it. It would make sense. I mean, he's the voice of Snake, and I'm sure he could act just as well as he does while doign voice over work. Also, if I'm not mistaken, he has been in a few films himself...It's Wikipedia, I know, but at least it gives you an idea.

I dunno, Hayter's face is a little too short. Then again, Mortenson's face is long...

IMO, Tom Cruise looks like Snake the most, but I really wouldn't want him to play snake. Really though, the only thing they need to get down for Snake is the voice.

Also, they totally need to refer to the audience at one point.

I think they ought to have David Hayter do it. It would make sense. I mean, he's the voice of Snake, and I'm sure he could act just as well as he does while doign voice over work. Also, if I'm not mistaken, he has been in a few films himself...It's Wikipedia, I know, but at least it gives you an idea.

I like Hayter, but I saw him " acting " in the Guyver movie on SciFi network one day, and it was ridiculously cheesy. I don't know if it was just him or the movie in general, but it wasn't good........

it was kind of cool though because you can hear Solid Snake's voice coming out every once in a while.

I like Hayter, but I saw him " acting " in the Guyver movie on SciFi network one day, and it was ridiculously cheesy. I don't know if it was just him or the movie in general, but it wasn't good........

it was kind of cool though because you can hear Solid Snake's voice coming out every once in a while.

Yeah i got that one on DVD. His acting suits the cheesy-ness of the movie, but i doubt he could pull of a good snake (besides the voice, naturally ;))