Metal Gear Solid Movie Announcement!

Dyne

I honestly wonder if they could get an actor (Mortenson, Jackman, or other) to play Snake and dub over his voice with Hayter's without looking horribly B-Movie. Probably not, but it'd be cool if they could pull it off.

At any rate, /agree on the referring to the audience thing and, at the very least, Hayter needs to have a cameo in the movie somewhere. Maybe just some random tech-operator or something that gets to shout out "COLONEL!"

I have to assume that people suggesting Steven Segal, Chuck Norris, etc. need to be in a MGS movie are joking around.

Otherwise, they're being asinine like it's nobody's business.

Lol, well if Segal were young again and still did aikido he wouldn't have been terrible. You know how much ass he used to kick if you've seen his older stuff (also evidenced by being, what, 8th dan?). Now that he got fat and switched to guns instead of martial arts, though, he sucks :(. Oh, and I never understood the whole idolizing Chuck Norris thing, so...

Anyway, my thoughts on the movie are like the ones before Doom came out: it *could* be good but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Even after I knew Doom was gonna be bad, I'm glad me and a bunch of friends decided to go see it -- I haven't laughed that hard in a theater since Alien vs Predator. If it looks ok, I'll probably see it...if it looks bad, I'll probably drink with some friends and then go see it with them :P.

I tell you what EasyP... Steven Seagal looks alot like that Dan in your sig lol. Oh yeah and apparently, the voice of Colonel Campbell (dunno his name), has done voice acting for Cow & Chicken... well I thought it was hilarious....lol.

Yeah...lol. I remember watching a "Cow & Chicken" episode and hearing his voice, I knew right away that it was the same voice actor for Colonel Campbell...after that I had to watch the rest of the episode :).

In an interview Campbell's voice actor said that he was in the movie "Biodome", it's some really small role...I think he's one of the Project Manager's employees and has only one line. During the interview he said he wasn't familiar with the Metal Gear Solid storyline, I don't think that he ever played the game, but he said that he was really intrigued by the weird lines that Campbell had in MGS2...those of you that have played it know what I'm talking about ;).

I tell you what EasyP... Steven Seagal looks alot like that Dan in your sig lol. Oh yeah and apparently, the voice of Colonel Campbell (dunno his name), has done voice acting for Cow & Chicken... well I thought it was hilarious....lol.

So THAT'S why Grandpa Max sounds so familiar in Ben 10.

So THAT'S why Grandpa Max sounds so familiar in Ben 10.

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed about Grandpa Max. Ironically, his character apparently was in fact with the U.S. Government in his past. Don't really know how deep that well goes, but I'm not that interested. I've just seen enough of it to get the hint that he'd been involved in alien activity before.

Ah well, lets hope for the best.

Quote:Originally Posted by Decoy Octopus

Why does Snake need to be played by a known, big name actor?

QFT. Whats with the 10 character thing, What is the point... man it ticks me off.QFT. Whats with the 10 character thing, What is the point... man it ticks me off.

That's what I want to know. I like Hugh Jackman just as much as the next gal/guy, but as I've asked last time this came up, does he have to play EVERY macho main character?

Besides, isn't Snake supposed to be half British half Japanese? Why don't they find some unknown actor who fits the physical/vocal aspects to a T?

Why does Snake need to be played by a known, big name actor?

The same reason they cast a big name actor for any movie: star power. In film theory, the actor (especially so with big stars) carries along with him/her everything else they have been involved in because the audience probably saw that last blockbuster they were in and adds an extra dimension to it. It's how Beat Takeshi's role in Brother could be so much harder-hitting, or to know what you can come to expect in a Jet Li movie beyond what's inherent from the genre. Sometimes the filmmaker will feel it better to go with a fresh face and not have to deal with all the extra "baggage" the actor is carrying with him/her, like in Superman Returns (though he was partially cast because of his resemblance to Christopher Reeve).

Anyway, for the MGS movie I agree with orual and think that the movie would be better with a no-name actor cuz it'll be easier to identify him just as Snake. Meh, anyway, we'll see how it goes :P.

• 2 weeks later...
So I found this on youtube today. Don't hate me if you've seen it already lol, but I thought it was pretty nice considering it seems to be all teengers.

And I still vote for Hugh Jackman.

that is one of the coolest things i have seen in a while. Too bad I don't understand a word of it, but I get the gist and it's still awesome.

• 2 months later...
Bad, if it turns out to be anything like

Didn't read the whole thread.

Hey, I posted that first on incredible internet videos. I think it is very well done though. Just make sure David Hayter(sp) does the voice of snake. Now the question is, will it be jungle based, or urban based?

So I found this on youtube today. Don't hate me if you've seen it already lol, but I thought it was pretty nice considering it seems to be all teengers.

And I still vote for Hugh Jackman.

This one too.

I hope it's good. MGS is my second favorite game series.

Didn't read the whole thread.

Hey, I posted that first on incredible internet videos. I think it is very well done though. Just make sure David Hayter(sp) does the voice of snake. Now the question is, will it be jungle based, or urban based?

This one too.

I hope it's good. MGS is my second favorite game series.

I'm sorry, but that trailer kind of sucked. This one however, steps it up a notch :)