Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History

Fishy

• 2 weeks later...

So we're losing at least one mixer, several WIPs haven't been updated since the fist WIP date, and we've been without solid leadership since the first few months of the year.

Howsabout we get this shit on the ball. Fishy, step up to the plate and help us get this thing moving along. Pocket, are you in or out? If you don't take your deadlines and quality standards seriously, then how can we? Seriously. It might be time for you to cut your losses. We need someone dedicated to this project to be it's coordinator, and you haven't been very dedicated. I would be tempted to blame our lack of activity on your total lack of leadership.

- Two songs (Prophet's too, honestly) are done.

- A handful are getting close.

- We've got two (maybe three or more) songs open.

- We need more mixers.

- We need a new WIP date in, say, late January as a final "get something recent up or get off the project" deadline for those who haven't updated since March-May.

- Several songs are not even close to par. Mine is one. And Pocket's is a prime example of another.

Get to work, everyone.

fratto's right. trust me when i say that projects that lose a strong sense of leadership almost never pan out. look at laproject, seiken denetsu (sp?),or even the pokemon project that i love so much - leadership was lost, and the projects went downhill (pokemon's down, but it's not out yet!).

find someone who's going to put in the time, and you'll find a project that's really chugging along again.

Get to work, everyone.

Well said. I really don't want to just say THIS IS MINE NOW, as its not my place to do so, but I would like to echo Fratto's concerns that pocket's not particularly taking charge and stuff is suffering as a result.

I don't like drama, but its something that needs adressing. I understand Pocket is probably very busy with other stuff in his life, but that shouldn't be an excuse for not taking charge, as someone without enough time to do so shouldn't have done so to begin with, especially if its wasting other peoples time.

Well said. I really don't want to just say THIS IS MINE NOW, as its not my place to do so, but I would like to echo Fratto's concerns that pocket's not particularly taking charge and stuff is suffering as a result.

I don't like drama, but its something that needs adressing. I understand Pocket is probably very busy with other stuff in his life, but that shouldn't be an excuse for not taking charge, as someone without enough time to do so shouldn't have done so to begin with, especially if its wasting other peoples time.

I don't like drama either, but I especially don't like the number of times Pocket has flaked out on this project. We've had almost a year now and he has yet to do many things that could have been easily done in the first 4-6 months.

I also understand that you don't want to jump in and take over, but you are the co-coordinator and you've been the only sense of leadership since the very beginning. The fact that Pocket has all but abandoned the project makes you the only coordinator of any sort. You're the leader now, whether you feel like declaring it or not.

You'll eventually hear it. It's just not looking like it'll be as a part of PoAP.

Coop, Tensei has some suggestions for you on the project boards about possible cheap/free options. If none of those work and you're open to the idea, I'm confident that someone else can take your arrangement and apply their skills and software to your work. The arrangement would be all you and someone else can jump in with their sounds on a midi of yours or something. I'd hate to lose you from the project due to Pocket's miscommunication on where your sounds would be last year.

What songs are open now? The tracklist here and on the forums don't match up

That would depend on how many of these extremely outdated WIPs get dropped from the project. RK, for example, has a great start on the boards that hasn't been updated since the first WIP date. After we get our leadership sorted out, then decisions can be made as to what songs will be available again.

Coop, Tensei has some suggestions for you on the project boards about possible cheap/free options. If none of those work and you're open to the idea, I'm confident that someone else can take your arrangement and apply their skills and software to your work. The arrangement would be all you and someone else can jump in with their sounds on a midi of yours or something. I'd hate to lose you from the project due to Pocket's miscommunication on where your sounds would be last year.

Actually, it would be Fishy who was behind that miscommunication when I joined. avaris sent me a PM first seeing if I wanted to join, then he/she forwarded my response to Fishy. I was then told by the Fish-man, that anyone with remixes on OCR was accepted without question, and not to worry about it ("it" being what I told avaris/Fishy about my setup in that response PM).

As for project, I'm not fond of the idea of handing over my mixes to someone so they can apply their samples and whatnot. That quickly turns into a game of PM tag every time I adjust something, and can easily lead to having to wait weeks to see how it sounds. So I just avoid that area altogether these days, as it's proven to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

I tried out Reaper, and have kind of started to understand how it works. However, I've not found a single good free VST or VSTi that I liked the sound of just for the piano alone. I also can't get the soundfont samples (Squidfont, TGSF21x, and a few others) to sound like they're not heavily muffled (as in, "turn off the treble, and throw a thick blanket over the speaker"-type muffled). Selecting different sounds in a soundfont set doesn't seem to work either, and nothing I've read explains what I did wrong (if anything), or what's not working right (if anything). In short, it's pissing me off :lol:

• Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History