Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History

Fishy

haha nice.

Ok Fratto and myself have talked.

This project is going to become more strict. I mean that. Unless Fishy has a date set i'm setting one right now.

Not a release date, a *final track* date.

This is serious. It's not a bluff when I say you and your track will be cut.

Get going.

I'm on the project forum for help, reviews, questions, feedback, whatever you need.

I would suggest that's a bold but unfeasible move. Basically what you've done there is disappear for months, come back and finish your track when it suits you then set a cutoff date for a few weeks after.

Not to mention we have 4 unclaimed tracks and 4 without wips.

I'm really not bothered who's ultimately running the project, but I've been on enough of them to know that what you've set just isn't going to happen AND is totally pointless. We're not gonna be the next project out so what is the point of cutting off all tracks that soon? All Fratto was basically annoyed at was that the project leader was slacking and acting as though it wasn't damaging the project. Getting all "strict" all of a sudden doesn't change the current state of the project.

Also to both of you: Public forums aren't the place for drama, and neither is proposing a date. Its not my decision, but I'd rethink your date and edit that out of your post pocket.

If for whatever reason you guys don't get a remix together for the Merry-Go-Round song, my remix is basically done. Uploading it's a problem right now thanks to iffy connections, but it's there, using the same samples as it did back in January. I'm going to be uploading it to VGMix over the weekend (hopefully Sunday... assuming my ISP gets on the ball and fixes things), so if you're interested in having it fill that spot again, let me know before then.

haha nice.

This project is going to become more strict. I mean that. Unless Fishy has a date set i'm setting one right now.

Get going.

I'm on the project forum for help, reviews, questions, feedback, whatever you need.

If you really are serious, what you had better do is sit down and PM/email EVERY PERSON on the project who hasn't finished to let them know your decision. Just posting it here isn't enough, because I know from experience that a lot of folks involved with projects won't necessarily be watching the thread or forums, particularly if those places have been inactive for awhile. You need to harp on people and crack down if you're really serious and want things to get done.

I'd also agree that the date is probably too soon.

haha nice.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7TH.

Get going.

Someone's going off the deep end.

I'd also agree that the date is probably too soon.

I'd agree with you, if your project was done ;-)

Also, of course this is not the only place i posted the date. Thanks for the info though.

Not to mention we have 4 unclaimed tracks and 4 without wips.

I'm really not bothered who's ultimately running the project, but I've been on enough of them to know that what you've set just isn't going to happen AND is totally pointless. We're not gonna be the next project out so what is the point of cutting off all tracks that soon? All Fratto was basically annoyed at was that the project leader was slacking and acting as though it wasn't damaging the project. Getting all "strict" all of a sudden doesn't change the current state of the project.

Also to both of you: Public forums aren't the place for drama, and neither is proposing a date. Its not my decision, but I'd rethink your date and edit that out of your post pocket.

And Fishy, I don't care who is running this either. Me, you, Audix, all of us. Whoever.

I'll delete the date, even though it doesn't mean a thing. Just when I want the mixes done. Except Kyle quoted me.

And I believe I worded pretty much everything wrong. Lets try this:

*A due date is a due date. Anyone misses it, tough. This includes me more then anyone. But goes for all of us!

*Fratto wants leadership, and I can offer up more then I had when this project started. If that's alright with you Fishy.

*When I said strict I meant organized. No slacking, no inactive forums, no pulling a Pocketman and disappearing... but seriously.

And Fishy I apologize for just leaving.

I removed the date from the quote.

Also, nice talking down on my advice. Mine is the largest, most extensive OCR project yet, so it's taken some time to get out there. But devaluing my thoughts based on that is rather silly, yes? It's been slow, but I've never abandoned or forgotten about SoS.

Thanks.

And no i was completely joking. I understand that.

Also guys I posted a new WIP.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to speak for my absence, I'm two months from graduating and in the process of sending resumes and cover letters out, along with my toughest course load yet. Suffice it to say that this project isn't very high on the priority list of life. :P

For those interested, Fishy's and my Bowser mix is done, and I'm about 50% done with the staff roll.

• 1 month later...

Can I take a crack at doing something with the Merry-Go-Round song, if there' some time to kill?

Edit: Actually, what is needed? I notice the ending fanfare is open, and I'm curious if Slider or the File Select song are coming along (I'm going purely by the status colors on the first post). Anyway, I'm up for doing something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History