OCR00664 - Streets of Rage 2 "SID of Rage"

orkybash

Streets of Rage 2 'SID of Rage'

Cool. I'm a sucker for C64-style arpeggios (even though that system pre-dates me =P ), and this mix has them going throughout almost the whole thing. Other aspects of the arrangement work just as well, and it all combines into a remix that, plain and simply, kicks ass. This has to be one of my favorite mixes of this theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda mixed (no pun intended) on this one.

On the one hand, I do like the way it turned out. The mix of old C64 sounds and modern instrumentation works well. The rhytm created is steady, rich and well crafted. As a whole, it's a well done mix.

On the other hand, I feel it's a bit too repeatative in that there isn't enough between the main rhythm before it starts up again. Some original material using the sounds and rhythms created within the remix, in my opinion, would have added greatly to the song. There's a strong rhythm here, and this tune nearly cries out to be taken into new ground, then brought back to the beat of the original song.

Despite the negative paragraph being longer than the positive, this mix is a good one.

• 1 month later...

I'm won. This remix rocks! I absolutely love it. Remixer takes a rather mediocre SOR 2 song and makes it great. All the instrumentation was nice and clean and just fit into the right place. The thing that just had to top it off though was the C64 sounds, they really added alot to the piece and gave it a good oldskool twist that just rocked my pants off! This one's deffinetly staying in my playlist!

Great Remix Gecko Ramori!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Rather mediocre? The original theme-- from the baseball stadium level, I believe-- happens to be one of my favorites from SoR2.

And, lucky me, this and McVaffe's version of the theme have different merits that make them both so very, very worthwhile.

Pretty good a little tomuch distortion for me but other than that great mix.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

WOOOOHOOOO! This mix has a groove to it! Man this is some solid mixage. I love the SID usage. I always liked the sound that thing made and its used perfectly! I like how the sound is used in conjunction with the piano even though they have completely contrasting sounds and yet it seems to somehow work! I really dug the sound used for the main melody when it kicks in at :51. Very very nice trippy stuff. Keep em comin gecko!

• 1 year later...

I wasn't sure what I'd think of this when I read the writeup, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It starts out innocuous enough, with some nice drums and piano helping keep the track grounded in reality while the synths do their thing. As pretty much everyone mentioned, once the the lead comes in, it gets way better. Even though it's a pretty repetitive track, there is enough variation used to not get old, and if you are looking for something that corsses the line of old and new school effectivly, this is the mix for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00664 - Streets of Rage 2 "SID of Rage"