Sonic Adventure WIP Speed Higway At Dawn

chrono26

hey guys i figured i might as well post this. this is my rendition of speed highway at dawn from sonic adventure. its a lil bit jazzy, a lil bit dancey(i made up that one) and its groovin'. thats me playin live keyboard on the keys, synth and vibes. i still have a ways to go, but what do you guys think so far?

http://myspace.com/rotibeatz

its the one that says sonic wip :)

well, I like it from a musical standpoint. It's laidback and jazzy, no doubt. I'm having trouble picking out what's wrong w/ it...It might be the lack of dynamic contrast in the vibes/bells/whatever those are. Maybe it's just the sound of them in general. Bah! whatever. I'd like to hear the finished product so keep it up!

well, I like it from a musical standpoint. It's laidback and jazzy, no doubt. I'm having trouble picking out what's wrong w/ it...It might be the lack of dynamic contrast in the vibes/bells/whatever those are. Maybe it's just the sound of them in general. Bah! whatever. I'd like to hear the finished product so keep it up!

thanks for the kind words. yeah this is just the first part so i'm gonna spice it up more as i go along.

any other comments anyone?

• 2 months later...
lol, well for one thing, this thread is about 3 months old, so I wouldn't doubt it if he's changed his songs on myspace.

btw, how's this mix going? Still doing it?

well i havnt really touched this mix since i posted here. i've been working on about 5 or 6 other tracks for some of the various remix projects going on. i'll definitely work on it soon though, now that school is over. and here's a new link to the song Spiderslug

• 2 weeks later...

The opening bells are too loud. Mainly turn the velocity down on them.

The song in general feels like it needs another element to come in and out to give it some depth.

Try panning some of the elements hard left and right and see if the song sounds thin.

Rhythms could use some more filler also they need a more solid groove. The mix could really go places if the rhythms played a bigger part in defining the direction and feel of the mix.

Try ro expand on the melodies a lil bit they seem to be staying in the same range.

If you got an amp simulator use it on the Sonic FX it might help them to blend in a lil better.

Reminds me of Marble Dash which is hosted here, might wanna check it out for some inspiration.

hahaha yeah i've definitely listend to every every joshua morse track ever made, so i know about Marble Dash ;-)

and thanks for the input avaris. it'll still be a little while before i get working on this one again.