OCR00647 - Mega Man X3 "House Hornet"

orkybash

Mega Man X3 'House Hornet'

Imagine this: you and your friends are playing a friendly game of D&D, when the party comes across a nest of giant bees. You, as the DM, set the tone of the encounter by looping the song throughout the entire, veeeerrryyy long encounter. Well, at least that's what I did, and you know what? None of the players ever got tired of the song! That alone should be a testament to it's greatness. And if all of that went over your head, this shouldn't: Very highly recommended. (and folks, in the 130+ reviews I've typed up, that's the first time that "very" has snuck in there.)

• 1 month later...

I have to admit, I was looking for a good Blast Hornet mix when I saw this over at VGMix. Knowing that BeatDrop, Matt Pollard, and Ailsean worked on it, I was fairly confident that this would at least be a good remix. I was never expecting to be blown away. Whoever managed to get that hornet to cooperate with you guys in this song should be given a lifetime's supply of royal jelly, cause it really added something to the feel of the song. Heavy guitar work (like the original, which is one of the reasons I like it), but just the right amount for the job. And when the song gets to the melody, you better watch out. That sucker will make your jaw hit the floor. Then, between the two sections of the melody you have this really nice, darkish guitar and electronica work which sets a real feel of the song, and adds to the suspense. I have, in fact, only one minor dislike of the song. The electronic voice at the end that announces who made it. I'm probably gonna use an audio editor to take that out, because it just doesn't....work for me. In fact, I find it highly annoying after what basically amounted to a full serving of kick arse. Other than that, this song couldn't dissapoint, unless for some reason you manage to DISLIKE work of this caliber.

This remix, and AmIEvil's "Death on the Snowfield." I burned them to a special disc, and they were the first two songs I heard in my new Saturn. What more is there to say than that? What other songs could I possibly give this honor to? There are some on OCR.. but ONLY a few.. maybe GLL's "Thou Art a DJ" Dragon Warrior mix, but when I got my car back in April he hadn't released it yet..

- MMF

• 1 month later...

Taking a song thats already good and making it better is a pretty simple explination for what this does to the already cool blast hornet theme. I could see this playing in game, or at some sort of mosh pit. Great work building on blast hornets theme, good consistant style and some very choice effects. Highly recommended

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Excellent remix! The wasp noises have got to be the best use of a sound effect I've ever heard on this site. :) They blend with in with the overdriven guitar, then come back to haunt you during the lull in the middle of the song. Sure beats the hell out of any fluttering bats at the begining of a castlevania mix or ambient thunderstorm effects. My only concern is, Beatdrop, did you have to rape my ear like that at the end with BanzaiBuddy? Oh well, I have Goldwave, so I forgive you. :P DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!

Wait a minute... Beatdrop, who has a hand in creating the site, DIDN'T add the voice? Why not just resubmit it without the voice, then? You have the original file AND Judge status! It should be entirely possible to spare the virtues of so many innocent virgin eardrums!

Who did fling monkey poop all over the end of the track, anyway?

• 1 month later...

One of the things I love about this track is the seemless application of death metal guitar and synth mix, to make a psedo-dance-rave feeling deep in your stomach. While the song does, at the end, state something that you cleary should already know, I think overall the songs style is something I hope to see in future remixs of Mega Man X games.

Blast Hornet never was my favorite Maverick in MMX3 (that goes to Crush Crawfish). Blast Hornet's theme wasn't one of my favorites, either (I used to prefer Gravity Beetle and Toxic Seahorse).

This ReMix turned the tables, I've never thought Blast Hornet's theme could become so AWESOME. Great work. I hope to see more cool MMX remixes like this.

• 4 weeks later...

holy shishkobobs wow. this is truly awesome. usually something that takes this long to get into the main theme gets on my nerves. i was about to get on the floor and start dancing. good thing i didnt cuz my bro was right there. that would have benn....lets say....bad? ya. lots of that. but this song is good. very good.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that the song was great. The metal guitar was where it ws supposed to be... Overall, the song was slower than the original game, and could have used some more of the actual melody (some parts where completely skipped) but this mix has more of a rock feel to it than the game's fusion sound. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I loved it. It is rare that I hear a remix that does not butcher a song, especially when it comes to songs so tone-specific as the megaman songs, but this really was an enjoyable remix. Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00647 - Mega Man X3 "House Hornet"