OCR00647 - Mega Man X3 "House Hornet"

orkybash

Hmmm...this stuff is famous, right? I remember this remix! He was one of the first ones that I listened in the OCR. Maybe in 2002 or in 2003...

Wow! That´s really good! The introduction is very creative, buzzed of a fly (or a bee, or a "hornet"??). The beats are simple, but powerful. The guitar is excellent and realistic. I remember the original song vacant in my mind. Of course, is just to remember it completely. Yeah! Nice work, guys!

I did not forget the computer voice, "BLAST...HORNET!"

• 10 months later...

When it says Beatdrop, mp AND Ailsean, you simply just know how good this is gonna bee. (Get it, bee?.........eh, forget it.) The clever idea to begin the remix with the sound of a flying wasp must've came naturally, but the rest of the mix was more serious. The heavy guitars in the back was sure to give this bug some attitude, and most of the beats and other gadgets gave it a very....what do ya call it,...industrial sound, like if you were in a factory and all the workers began to dance and hit wrenches on garbage can caps. Bad parable, I know, but it have small bells, saws and I don't know what, so hey have clearly been creative making this remix.

You don't wanna mess with this Hornet, it'll do more than just sting you. Great remix guys!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

decent guitar tone, but powerchords in the beginning really need to be supported by a bass guitar. They sound empty and sad. :-(

Once the guitar takes the forefront, and starts playing the melodic lines, things are balanced a little better.

I found the beats to be a little too plain to be interesting, but there was enough going on to keep me from stopping the track. The synths are well chosen and treated, and the guitar playing is nice. Extra care went into the various panning tricks, and so this mix is way more fun on headphones.

Not an amazing mix, but certainly not a failure either.

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, around the two minute mark reminds me of something, and I can't think of what, some old NES game probably.

Still this is freaking rocking out. Very tense and darkly determined. In the end, it doesn't feel to complicated but it's still a cool mix worth checking out.

Question: Why is Ailsean not credited for this song on the site?

Good question :?

• 11 months later...

Still this is freaking rocking out. Very tense and darkly determined.

My thoughts exactly. This is the kind of mood setting dark beats I enjoy. It has a good background beat, while the foreground sets the dark atmosphere of danger and determined action. It's a really good combo I'd like to see more of. Enjoyed the ending credits that sounded like it came from those Window's voices.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00647 - Mega Man X3 "House Hornet"