WIP Sonic 3D Blast - Volcano Valley

Feral-Fox

Hey, well I am pretty new at VG remixing but i wanted to do it. It's a DnB remix if volcano valley from Sonic 3D blast. It would be pretty cool if I could get a little feedback to help improve on the track. And yes don't be alarmed by the short length, it is a WIP after all ^^

Update #1

www.feral-fox.com/wip/demo1.mp3

Update #2

www.feral-fox.com/wip/demo2.mp3

I fixed the levels a bit, added a few FX like a downlifter near the end. I also lowered a bit of the overdrive on the bass

I know nothing of the source, but this shows promise for a first attempt at remixing.

All I can advise at this stage is: be sure to write in plenty of dynamic variation. The different drum beat toward the end is a good start. Dynamics are what keep a mix interesting from beginning to end.

Good luck. Welcome to the community.

i like the second one better, it would have a good chance at being approved if you did these three things(maybe something else that im missing): you'll need to make it longer, this is no longer than about 1:20-1:30, also, there are somer bugs you should fix, some of the instruments sound choppy, not very noticable but, to the ocr judges it would be very detectable. it also feels like somethings missing, i would try to follow Shariq's(DarkeSword's) "Four Man Music Theory" if feels like the pianist is missing(no, it doesnt mean an actual piano playing) which is like something barely noticable, but would not be the same if you took it out, some string variation in the background it would really benefit from. great mix!

• 1 month later...

I really like this mix a lot. I can't begin to critique because I'm not a remixer nor do I know half the terms I should, but if you're running out of ideas on how to vary the theme and make the mix longer, throw in some elements from both act themes. How? I dunno, use your creativity. :) I always thought Diamond Dust's 2 acts would make a great OC remix, being remixes of each other themselves 'n all. I figure the same could be done with Volcano Valley.

I really like this so far. My only technical concern is that the bells are a little bit too floaty and sometimes end up sounding muddy. I think having them be a bit more "solid" could help. Other than that, it sounds great, and I'm sure the creative part you'll have taken care of.

• 3 months later...

So, so very sorry for my abcence. School, and family issues. Along with having to do a pc format. The Song is fine, but most of my plug ins are gone, and i need to reinstall. What a pain >.< But pretty soon i am going to work on this again, but i may re eq most of the channels becouse complaints of mud on other things, as well as my over population of effect plugs. I have learned more and use less, so latency wont be that bad anymore.