OCR00648 - Radical Dreamers "Far Promise ~ Drama"

orkybash

Radical Dreamers 'Far Promise ~ Drama'

One of the better songs to come out of the Radical Dreamers flood, IMHO. Makes good use of the music box sound that was present in the original. Like many of the remixes in the flood, this one could have been developed a tad more, but I don't think that's a problem given that most of these were made in about 30 minutes. :) A worthy download, even if you've heard all the others and are sick of the Far Promise theme.

• 5 months later...

This starts out with a repeat of the main melody that is probably very similar to the original song, but then it leads into a guitar patch with some more original mixing. I don't like it as much as some of the other Far Promise mixes - this one is probably the most clearly underdeveloped of the batch, but it has its good parts. Also, like many of the Far Promise mixes, it's pretty short, but given how little of his talent Pollard used on this one, it's probably for the best. Even so, get it and compare it to the rest of the Far Promise flood!

first of all i wasnt here for the flood but how is this a part f the flood i mean all the others have numbers around 330 but this one is 600 something...........

anyways this is a great song imo.

sure it is way to short for my liking but if it was longer it would prolly be one of my favorites on the site........

Matt Pollard is one of my favorite remixers. I must say that this song is not as complex and developed as much as his other works, but the simplicity works for him in this case, in my opinion. I really love the original, and I'm glad mp took a stab at it. I find it more enjoyable than the other Radical Dreamers remixes, and the guitar and drum work really matches well with the music box melody. I recommend to any mp listener, and to anyone who enjoyed RD.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I do really like this mix, but that may be due more to liking the original track than with the arrangement itself.

Since the first 30 seconds are about the same as the source, it doesn't get interesting until the guitar and drums come in at 0:32 and repeat for about 30 more seconds. The rest of the song is too short, so it ends up sounding like not a lot was done with the song.

But despite the simplicity, I still like this song, I just wouldn't rank it that highly in terms of originality perhaps. KF

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The music-box style intro is alright but it doesn't fit very well with the tone of the song in general. At about 1:10 the song picks up and becomes quite good, although I would have liked a more prominent guitar. Around 1:31 the guitar seems to fade a little and song seems to be dragging on, however, the change at 1:40 is great and I think that what follows is the design of a great mix all on its own. Overall I think there are just too many ideas and half started interpretations of the source. The mix is good but more focus would have been better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00648 - Radical Dreamers "Far Promise ~ Drama"