OCR00659 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "St. Vital's Fresh Limestone Cutz"

orkybash

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'St. Vital's Fresh Limestone Cutz'

Very entertaining & creative mix of the Goron theme. Coulda done with a better guitar sample and with out the "scratch-scratch-scratch-scratch-KICKIT!" interludes (though as a staple of the genre I suppose they *do* belong there). Get this if you're sick of Gerudo Valley and the Overworld and want to hear something else from Zelda! (aren't we all? :D)

• 4 weeks later...

I just heard Double A Ron's great techno piece, Goron OC Remix ! It is great how he put the mix together, it really made me want to dance and I felt like I was with the Gorons. This is such a great piece, I recommend it to everybody! If you don't download this, you are missing out.

I especially liked where he added in a bit of hip-hop, adding a little flavour to the techno music. Great scratching and beats in the background. *Applauds Double A Ron!*

• 5 months later...
This is such a great piece, I recommend it to everybody! If you don't download this, you are missing out.

I especially liked where he added in a bit of hip-hop, adding a little flavour to the techno music. Great scratching and beats in the background. *Applauds Double A Ron!*

Thank you very kindly for the review. I feel this is one of my best pieces. Even though I never really added too much in terms of effects unlike my current KSS hit, I felt I did what I could, with the exception of putting variations in the bassline.

By the way, correction on the last paragraph, dear boy. It's more of a hip-hop piece than a techno mix. The drum line may have a techno style beat, but the sounds are in the hip-hop genre (the type of music I specialize in).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
This is a great piece! I love the Goron Song! This is one of the songs that I can listen to over and over and never get tired of!

Ditto... while playing Zelda OT, i'd just stand in the goron place listnen to the music while i did my other stuff.... it kicked @$$ man!! yeah... one thing i noticed... the drums kinda fade in... dunno about u guys, but i noticed it. not that bad... great mix in all!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The beats are good and I like the vocal sample, but that midi is not cutting it for me. That guitar just ruins the mood for me. :-(

I think if A ron redid this nowadays it'd be way better as far as samples go.

The mix is a little conservative as far as melodic interpretation, but the new bassline is pretty cool, and the beats really are nice.

The beats are good and I like the vocal sample, but that midi is not cutting it for me. That guitar just ruins the mood for me. :-(

I think if A ron redid this nowadays it'd be way better as far as samples go.

The mix is a little conservative as far as melodic interpretation, but the new bassline is pretty cool, and the beats really are nice.

this mix is from at least 100 years ago give it a break.

imo this was the best remix of a zelda 64 tune prior to pachabel's ganon

• 4 months later...

as stated before this has a very midi-ish sound to it, in all respects: this kind of style allows for quite some instrumental variation without sounding awkward. As a result it is very subjective with respect to if you like the combination of instruments. In terms of structure, the song misses out and turns out very predictable, but luckily, its overlength is modest. In all, the idea of using the Goron theme as a loop is fine, but the overall experience was a little flat for me: I'm missing more from he original than I'm getting. So no midi-magic I must say but if the theme is fresh to you, you might well give it a try.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

It's nice. The quiet, little ambient stuff makes it feel a little more fleshed out without killing the...minimality? Anyway, the midi stuff feels too low-fi for me to enjoy. Except, these kinds of tracks are made distinctive with that plus ambience (thinking of BenCousins' stuff). I do appreciate the "clean" feel of it, but all in all it does not equal a download for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00659 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "St. Vital's Fresh Limestone Cutz"