OCR00658 - EarthBound "Rings of Saturn Valley"

orkybash

EarthBound 'Rings of Saturn Valley'

Though not technically the best out there, nor the best arrangement on the site, this is a very quirky and fun remix that I would definitely recommend, at least for one listen. I tell ya, if you can't get your hands on some LSD, listening to this is the next best thing! Not that *I'd* ever know, but... :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Not bad stuff..I personally enjoyed Earthbound..It was one of those games that wasnt really that big at the time since it didnt have much press but if you played it you got totally drawed it..And one was because of the games just plainly odd music..You get to ride a bus to the next town..How odd in games is this now and days(Excluding Shenmue)...But anywho I liked this remix..Im not really into this sort of music but hearing this song,I think the fashion suits it.Good job!

• 6 months later...

Now, don't get me wrong, i like this remix alot. Saturn Valley's music on it's own is very bizarre. Try singing it in a car and the reptitiveness of it will drive people crazy. When I first heard this Remix,my immediate impression was a bunch of Mr. Saturn's on metal bed springs hopping around.It's an awesome electronic style remix that dulls down the annoying loud parts that repeat over and over and makes them alot more..tolerable. this is like the ReMix version of an acid trip. It sums up the bizarreness of Earthbound in a catchy 3 minutes [well,almost]! Rock on!

• 4 months later...

This is awesome! The music's all crazy (Good crazy, I mean :D) I love the way you made this, all techno and zany like the Saturn's themselves! Certainly matches XD. Nothing I could find wrong, but I like all the diffrent kinds of ReMixes.

!!!trats desrever eht dnA

lol, yeah, I love it. If I had to say a bad thing...uh...its not loud...enough??? ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was playing Earthbound today and as I walked towards Saturn Valley and could hear it starting to play while in the caves, I immediately thought "This needs to be remixed."

So I came here tonight, and it already has been! Although I would love a longer remix that stays to the Saturn Valley tune a little closer, this is awesome in its own right. Definately a keeper. :D

• 1 year later...

A little weird for my taste, there is nevertheless some very interesting detuning occurring here, and it really fits the quirky feeling of the source tune, only magnified and amplified.

The drums are very interesting, and mix things up well, and well, I don't know about the synths, but this is definitely a creative work and I'm certain that if you are a fan of the game, this will appeal to you in some way.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The intro caught me off guard but once you got going into the melody I guess it was okay. Everything sounded too tinny for my tastes though... it was fine for the intro but I don't like how that same quality pervaded throughout the lead used for the whole mix. Too distracting to really enjoy much. I like the sine lead though, that was quirky and enjoyable :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00658 - EarthBound "Rings of Saturn Valley"