Lord of the Rings Main Tune

Ainur

I love the music from this game! I also utterly adore the PC version of the game (which was solid, unlike the incomplete SNES game).

I really like your mix, but I'm not a remixer, so I have no advice to give. Perhaps it's too close to the original song? Nonetheless, I think you did a good job. There are many songs on this site that don't sound as good as this.

great mix, but i think i know why it got instantly rejected. its too close to the original it has the SAME(more or less)main instrument, almost all of the background sounds are the same. it sounds like you just took the media file and added a little on to it. for a mix to be passed, you have to rearrange it(give it a different personality than the original) think of something special, unique to use that will make it stand out as a remix. the way it was, you would be better off listening to the original(no offense to you or you're mix). keep on practicing and you will do it, good job for you're efforts! -The Lone Ranger

Harpsichord is very mechanical in its sequencing. Though you did a nice job with the flute, everything else is very sparse.

I don't know how well it's been arranged, never having listened to the original. When you finally get to layering, everything sounds muddy and unpolished.

So yeah, there are quite a few production issues before this is up to snuff.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, you need some more interpretation with this one. If ur not sure of how to add a stronger interpretative factor, you can do it through new harmonies, adjusting the chords and overall notes of the melody, and through certain unique effects (like phasing). Lack of interpretation is the #1 reason things get rejected on here.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...