Acoustic Real Drum Sounds- In Need Of

nousentre

I'm looking for a website or someone who may be able to help me with getting REAL acoustic drum sounds. NOT ELECTRONIC MIXED!!! Real samples of a real acoustic snare, kick, cymbals, etc from a REAL acoustic drum kit. Any advice as to where I can obtain these without purchasing a real drum kit would be greatly appreciated. I know it may seem a little slack, but i'm just running short on time. The person that was going to help me get these drum sounds from his kit is unavailable right now.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help.

Like I said before, I had someone that had a drum kit but is unable to help me out right now. I need to have wav files (or mp3) of acoustic sounds. I tried Natural Studio, but they said it sounded like it wasn't real. Although I thought it sounded pretty good he thought the drums sounded kind of electronic made. I'm trying ruffrider now as we speak. Anybody else with any other advice? Perhaps own samples of their drum set maybe?

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

The Maestro Soundfont Series has pretty great sound quality, but apparently as I just found out, the main host for the soundfonts is unavailable due to bandwidth limitations. If you can find a mirror somewhere, great, but I do have some of them at home. I just personally don't know of any temporary hosting options.

Check out JigginJonT's remix "Voices Broken" as he used them there. Many reviewers took them to be a real drummer (which is not just due to the great quality of the samples, but also the great sequencing on Jon's part).

I can't remember what mics he used, but they were multisampled, and were not mixed in with electronic kits.

The Maestro Soundfont Series has pretty great sound quality, . ..

Now I'm afraid that I'm not an expert at Soundfonts, but usually don't you have to have a synthesiser or something with MIDI control? I'm using a program called Sequbeat for making my own loops. For that I have to use .wav files.

BTW, wow to all the responses! Thanks to whomever moved this to another forum! I will proabably setup a server to allow people to upload the files to it. But in the meantime, please keep sending recommendations for acoustic drum samples!!!

You do have to have a program to load soundfonts, but you don't have to have a MIDI controller to play them. With Sequbeat, it looks like you're SOL for any sample format. Though... if you really wanted to load them you could use SAVIHost in conjunction with sfz (links).

I use Savihost to mess around with Synth1 on my computer at work :P

If you want extract samples from a soundfont, try Xtrakk (link).

• 4 weeks later...
As far as free stuff goes, NSkit is your best bet as far as I know. It has a level of dynamics that's a complete necessity for REAL AUTISTIC drum sounds.

If you're willing to spend money, the no.1 best choice is Drumkit From Hell Superior.

Agreed on NSKit7. Best free kit hands down. On the other hand, I've found BFD to be far better than DFH at making drum lines sound real, at least in VST form (sequenced through FL Studio).

-steve

Agreed on NSKit7. Best free kit hands down. On the other hand, I've found BFD to be far better than DFH at making drum lines sound real, at least in VST form (sequenced through FL Studio).

-steve

Hah, no way. BFD is great, but nowhere near what DFHS is capable of. It's not as easy as BFD, but when you learn it properly, it's the BEST thing out there.