OCR01554 - Super Castlevania IV "Curse Curse Revolution"

djpretzel

...This song weirds me out. It's so damn cheesy I have a hard time hating it. The DDR pace struck me initially as almost blasphemous to Castlevania music, but yet the result is enteraining overall. I'm quite pleased with it; part of it is the refreshing new take on two of my very favorite Castlevania tunes.

This song is just so... out there. I can't help but like it.

• 2 weeks later...

NoppZ second song since he came back, and at least for me, the second winner. It is cheesy, it is upbeat, it goes right into your ear and stays there for the rest of the day (thanks to the "Don't hold back the music" sample); it just fits the DDR mood perfectly.

As other people have mentioned, it is nice to see remixers take songs into directions no-one would expect. Great job on this one, and I really do hope that you'll submit more songs to OCR.

this is a neat remix of castlevania. I love how you put "Bloody Tears" and "Vampire Killer" together. plus its also fun to listen to when you play those 2 stages that the songs come from. its like you just want to spam the hell out of the attack button so fast and just destory everything in your path. and if you are playing DDR, its a damn good song to dance to in my point of view

• 4 weeks later...

I've never played DDR (yeah, I know... I'm a freak of nature. lol), but I simply CANNOT stop listening to this song. It is catchy, catchy, catchy! I've been relooping it since it finished downloading. When I hear it, I just have to hop around the room. I love Castlevania and I imagine that normally I'd be cringing in a corner. This just isn't happening with this song. Great stuff and damn fun! I love it! :)!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

zomg this track is looouuudddd. The beats are pretty basic, and the synths match, but there's a certain thrill from hearing this normally serious set of themes rendered so cheesily. The production is way mid-heavy, which might be why it's so crazy loud.

Fun stuff, but it could use a little refinement production-wise.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01554 - Super Castlevania IV "Curse Curse Revolution"