OCR00657 - Mega Man 2 "Project X2 - Metal Man"

orkybash

Mega Man 2 'Project X2 - Metal Man'

If you're familiar with the other songs in Project X2, then you should know what to expect: a combination of live guitars and wicked synths, with great DSP and a near-perfect arrangement. That also means, unfortunately, that it's too damn short, so I'd just download it and enjoy what's there. Then, of course, collect them all!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Project X is my fav!! And this track is great. It keeps the feel of the Metalman level, with awesome sounding synths and guitars. It's not huge on originality as the arrangement is nearly identical, but it just sounds awesome. It's a version of the Metalman theme you can blare in your car speakers :wink:. If they made a new Megaman with old characters (as if they ever will, but still...), this should be the theme for the new Metalman level!

This song put a smile on my face this evening, because it was the first time I realized that remixing is not about improving upon the original, but rather about fucking it up in whatever way you can.

That's exactly what this song does. It takes one of the best songs of the entire series and slaughters it with some of the worst guitar, effects, and synths that have ever existed. Which is also what all of Project X seems to be about.

Projects are all the rave these days here at OC. And this is still another one of them. The only problem is that none of these projects have been worthy of merit as of yet, and this one is certainly never going to come to fruition.

It makes me feel sad for the Capcom artists who labored to create the original. What if they're patrolling this very board, listening to the remixes of their music, and they happen to come across something like this after listening to Discodan and AF's versions? Or what if they listen to this first? They could be turned away forever, shocked by what the fans (I can't assume the artists of this remix are fans, since they destroyed the fabric of the song) are doing to their music.

In the end, the whole Project X megaman thing is up there with Bad Tuna as far as being some of the best of the worst.

-Collab

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

:evil: Wow, Collab, you can be an ass can't you? :evil:

Awesome.

Just awesome.

I heard this on a flash movie called "Samus and MegaMan PT.2"

I heard it when Samus was facing off with MetalMan, and I couldn't stop watching the whole damn 15 minute movie just to hear that song.

I was never particularly into MM music, but you quickly changed that.

:D 32/10 :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Glitchy intro and some cool chiptune sound effects intro fill.

I think the melody should have been played up an octave to be more audible, but the added(?) counterpoint is cool,and the drums seem a little lo fi, but let's see where this progresses..

Nice change-up to the acoustic guitar, but the beats are too prominent here and then. it's over? WTF

Way way waaaay too short. It's like a trailer of an actual song. The song itself is a melodic and harmonic gold mine of ideas, and having the mix as short as it is just kindof strikes me as lazy. :-(

What is here is decent, but not near enough to be on the site, IMO.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00657 - Mega Man 2 "Project X2 - Metal Man"