OCR01555 - Final Fantasy VI "Lamentations"

djpretzel

I don't know if the artist intended it this way or not, but the title is sort of misleading. I downloaded this thinking it would be a sad or foreboding song because that's what the title implied. Instead, it was pretty upbeat and almost cheerful. I reminds me of the music they play during those Bank of America commercials.

Don't get me wrong, I love this mix. Well, I loved everything except for the last few seconds. It was a bit annoying and didn't fit with the rest of the song. Other than that, this is a great mix!

9.5/10

This song was kind of a let down for me. It seemed like it stayed at the same level the whole song. It was kind of like listening to the same 30 seconds over and over again. If it had some added variety it would have helped greatly but, I am not a remixer so I don't think I have the credentials to tell you what you can and cannot do. Sorry about this, but I give this 7.1/10

Very cool song. This is also the first remix I've seen with album art - nice touch! Overall, I liked this track. It was nice and chill and had a sweet beat. Also, the transition at 1:15'ish was great!

I have to agree with most of the negative comments too, though. I would have liked to hear a bit more variety. There was definitely some, but it wasn't particularly noticeable.

This might have been iPod-worthy had it not been for the ending. I really don't understand what the intention was right there. It hurt my ears, too. :(

As with other Suzumebachi arrangements this one comes with unparalleled fidelity. Compliments on the sound quality of your always good remixes.

The track in and of itself is just that; good. The piano is like ice tea on a hot day, crisp and soothing. It's very chill and very inviting. I think it says, "Hit replay.".

Excellent work.

• 2 years later...

No words cannot express the awesomeness of this song. Absolute energizing and yet relaxing. I cannot believe how I missed this track trying it out, but I am happy and safe to say this is an A + must listen track to anyone.

The only draw back is at 12 seconds left, there's a disturbance that bothers me, but I eddited that out.

Either way, I love it :puppyeyes:

• 7 months later...

I really love Suzumebachi's stuff - this is no exception. It's deceptively simple to start out, but things transition awesomely at :33. Love the wah guitar support giving some extra detail to the section. Not much more to say here, the overall feel and flow is great and transitions well into the various sections and textures. The only gripe I have is the somewhat sudden feedback-ish ending. I really would've liked to hear something that flows out of the song and gives it the finish it deserves. Besides that minor point, though, great work here.

• 3 months later...

This is pretty excellent, harmless material put together slickly and with some warmth as well. It's your typical chill vibe for the most part, but if you scrutinise, you'll find it ventures a little more on its own path.

I wouldn't say it represents the source in the best way possible, but the production is top notch, everything works like clockwork, and I didn't even have a problem with the ending everyone else has an issue with. It's the bitter twist at the end of a sweet cocktail.

Overall, I could definitely see myself listening to this a lot more. I like it a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01555 - Final Fantasy VI "Lamentations"