holy crap, i'm engaged!

prophetik music

That's a hell of a long time to wait to get married. 18 months?

Usually when you get engaged, it's 6 months. However, you bucked tradition by waiting 2 years instead of the traditional 12 months.

Anyways, good luck.

Eh? Where I'm at 12-18 months is pretty standard. It's very difficult to even plan a wedding (a traditional one at least) in less than 12 months.

Meh, around here you have to book a reception place 12 months ahead. That's pretty much the limiter.

Sure, you want to book a couple of the big things (reception hall, church, photographer, and florist) as soon as possible, but those are decisions that don't take a ton of planning and research to make. If the little stuff takes a long time, learn to plan or go elope or something.

I'll be glad to help you decide on what colors, patterns and so on you will be using for the wedding.

Gonna have to go with the white/gray, blue/dark-blue, or--if you're old-school--orange!

*also, just had the semi-horrible mental image of djp at the reception...* :-)

--And oh yeah, congradulations dude.

Wow Ive been going out with my girl 4 years as of this July and I haven't taken that plunge yet.

Oh well Congratulations on taking the big step and good luck for the big day.

It will be two years for my lifemate and I on May 31.... Granted, I just started college, and she's still in high school, but she wouldn't be the first high school junior to get married.

Congrats to you