Just a little help

kupernikus

Iknow its not horribly related... but I need help. for some reason whenever I watch video on my comp it plays horrendously, Like a couple frames a second or slower. If I try and watch a dvd I only see every few seconds of video, and the sound is horribly choppy too. Whats odd is anything thats 3d, games and what not, runs incredibly smoothely. Like, WoW and Guildwars and a few others all play at 50 FPS or higher,so it leaves me confused. Doesn't matter what codec the video is, what player its on, it'll just be really, really choppy. any help?

nothin special software wise, windows XP, and windows media viewer, and power dvd 9. but regardless of what codec I use, and what program I use the framerate is random. mostly its horrendously slow, but sometimes it runs smoothe as can be.

What codecs have you used? Are you using Windows Media Viewer or Media Player. I've never heard of Media Viewer before unless it's the Fax & Image Viewer. I would suggest that you download a codec pack called CCCP. It has a ton of codecs in there and is bundled with 2 players as well. Power DVD 9 is more optimized for... well.. DVDs. If you can't get it to work with CCCP, I really don't know what else you should do, unless you use VLC. But those two solutions are about the same. A probable conclusion is that the video file you want to play is corrupt too.

Then CCCP is your best option, I think

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Get that. It'll give you tighter options for video playback, and all the codecs necessary for smooth viewing. I recommend getting Media Player Classic along with that pack [i think it comes with the download] since that can open way more things than WMP11 [like .mkv, .ogm, etc] and it's not as bloated. This pack was created specifically for watching anime fansubs but it'll work with everything else too.

Also, you should probably uninstall both RealPlayer and QuickTime, two things which should have become extinct since the development of 56k modems.

• 2 weeks later...