OCR00651 - Xenogears "Theme of a Sailor"

orkybash

Xenogears 'Theme of a Sailor'

It's Xenogears and it's Pancake Chef, what's not to like? :D While this is a pretty simple arrangement, it's very, very cool. Plus, a fretless bass combined with the classic piano-n-strings is something you don't hear every day. On the downside it's a tad short, but I don't think there's much you could do with this without ruining it's simplicity, so I won't mark off for that. Recommended.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This song is the best example I can think of to illustrate just what is so special about this website.

Pancake Chef takes the upbeat, energetic theme song of the Thames boat in Xenogears (one of my 3 fave songs from the game), and then changes it into something so totally different that I actually didn't recognize what it was the first few times I heard it. Then, when it all finally came together and I suddenly thought, "Oh wow.. this is from that boat with the Men of the Sea... this is awesome!", it was a great moment.

Although a tad on the short side, this little tune remains one of my favorites.

I give it a first class recommendation.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello,

that's my first post on oc but i already downloaded more than 80 remixes and i wanted to say that this remix is by far the best i have ever heard on oc.

Ok it's quiet minimalist but that's a good point : not to "surcharge" remixes with tons of effects.

That song is so melodramatic and the guitar bass is uplifting and giving it a jazzy blue touch, with the masterpiece piano melody. I'm a fan of mitsuda's work and now of the pancake chef's excellent "remixes" or reworks (like dubbing the body & johnny bike).

Keep it up !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Long live the Pancake Chef! This mix is among my favorites from this site. I also had trouble finding Thames theme in this...seemed way to ambient for Thames. Owell, works anyway. If only there were more Xenogears mixes...sigh...

• 1 month later...

The bass guitar strum was very smoothing with this piano. I was a huge fan of the original so i was very excited to hear this remix, and it did not dissapoint. The song is completely re-arranged! Very good work, you continue to surprise me, chef! )

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The quality of sound on this mix made me think this was over 1000. I am really impressed with the piano sound especially. Also, the panning throughout is very nicely done, and I definitely recommend listening to this with headphones.

I'm not very familiar with the source, but while short, the melody is sweet and pleasant to listen to. This is a little gem I'm glad I found.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00651 - Xenogears "Theme of a Sailor"
  • 1 year later...