Demon (big beat/breaks) (wip)

zircon

Hey guys, here is a WIP of a track I just started a few days ago. It's a heavy big beat/breakbeat song that is heavily influenced by tefnek among others. Of course, there's a VGM influence in there too. Kind of a light-hearted melody on a sinister soundscape. Check it out;

http://www.zirconstudios.com/Demon.mp3

Thanks in advance for listening! I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

Note: Title is always tentative until the song is done. ;)

I might be a little more impressed with it if you weren't whoring it out for money.

Music is my career. I have to make money from it or I don't get to pay bills. I guess every one of the hundreds of thousands of people on Earth that works full time selling their music are all whoring out, huh. Then there was that Mozart guy and the rest of those baroque & classical-era composers. Asses. Always whoring themselves out to some king or another.

Man, what a lame thing to say. Music has been written partially (if not entirely) for money for a very long time, including some of the greatest hits of the last century. Over half the music I write is available for free; just look at my web page's "VG Music" section. Oh yeah, this doesn't count all the video game remixes I do that are freely available - I could choose to get mechanical licenses and sell them instead, but I don't.

Bottom line; nothing wrong with not giving out full versions of *some* of my stuff. And don't post if you don't have something constructive to say, either.

Yes, "TRacks" is the name of the product. It comes with a compressor, limiter, and EQ. There is a standalone version and a native (VST) version; the latter is more expensive. IK Multimedia produces it.

I've been trying out the demo of Izotope Ozone the past few days. Definitely a fan of it now, might have to splurge and pick it up for myself.

Haven't tried T-Racks.

The point of this forum is to discuss songs - what you think about them, what is good, what is bad, how they were made, etc. You're free to have whatever opinion you want about my business model and my decision to share some songs and not others, but this isn't the thread to talk about it.

If you had said someting like, "This is boring. The chiptune lead is obnoxious, the breakdown section loses interest, the intro is lackluster, and the drum pattern is overly generic," I might have asked you to go into more detail, but I would certainly accept your opinion. I get negative feedback all the time. I'm used to it. But once again, I'm talking about feedback and discussion regarding the music itself. So quit being a smartass.

I've been trying out the demo of Izotope Ozone the past few days. Definitely a fan of it now, might have to splurge and pick it up for myself.

Haven't tried T-Racks.

Ozone is a great product also - tefnek uses it to master his songs. It has a lot of features and numerous modes you can work in. However, I simply like the sound of TRacks better. Just tweak the Overload knob, Input Drive, or Stereo Enhance and you instantly have a better sound. No need to think about anything else.

Ozone is a great product also - tefnek uses it to master his songs. It has a lot of features and numerous modes you can work in. However, I simply like the sound of TRacks better. Just tweak the Overload knob, Input Drive, or Stereo Enhance and you instantly have a better sound. No need to think about anything else.

Yeah, I had the same experience with Ozone; I had actually submitted my track to Broadjam for the DDR contest before I stumbled upon Ozone. After I ran it through (took about 3 minutes), the difference was so noticable I canceled my submission (which was processing at the time) and resubmitted it. It just gives a track that extra sparkle which makes all the difference in the world.

Sorry to get a lil off topic, but i downloaded the izotope demo and damn...you guys aren't kidding. Time to find some way to whore myself out for money that is legal...

A lil more on topic, the demo is good. Is this different from the version on IRC? I don't know if it's me or what but the feel of the soundscape seems to be much more cohesive.